• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

kia km 250 korean m35a2 parts

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seriously? :popcorn:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Different engine and probably drivetrain. Would be wonderful if they were making a dual brake circuit design that could be installed on our trucks (and electric wipers,and .......).

Their troops are slightly smaller that the US GI's, so maybe they can pack a few more in the back.

Interesting, but does the KM 250 go as fast or faster than the M35A2? Does it have dual-circuit brakes/disk brakes? If so, could it be a viable alternative to retro-fit an M35 with the Kia parts to upgrade to dual-circuit brakes? Certainly shipping a MC and airpak couldn't completely break the bank, could it? Would it mortally offend the delicate sensibilities of the MV purist to upgrade the breaking system of a classic MV with Korean parts in the name of safety and better breaking?
I'm clearly no purist as I'm planning to bob my deuce, but in all honesty, if adding some modern Korean-made parts to make my truck safer and thus more reliable, and the price for said upgrades was right, I'd do it in a heartbeat! But that's me. :whistle:
I consider myself to be a patriotic American just like everyone else here in the Mighty world of the Steel Soldiers, but it's a different world than it was when the mantra in the U.S. of A. was "Buy American!". China has had an industrial revolution the likes of which the world has never seen, and fueled by the proliferation of modern technology and cheap labor, so as to enable me to have a complete tattoo outfit that if made in the U.S.A. would be upwards of 2-grand and works every bit as well and reliably as it's domestic equivalent for the absurd price of $100 (less the cost of shipping). My tattoo outfit included 9 machines, 3 liners and 6 shaders and came from Dragonhawk Tattoo through ebay in case any other ink-addicts here are curious. And yes, you read right. The entire tattoo outfit came from China and cost about $100. After it was ordered, I had it in my hot little ink-slinging hands in 4 days! I kid you not, 4 days, from China! [thumbzup]

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Please do a search, using terms like "Kia", "Korea", "Korean", etc. and you'll be richly rewarded.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clinto, could you post a link to KIA's finance program?

I want to order one with 0% financing for 72 months(I'm a "well qualified buyer")

Their 10 year/100000 mile warranty is nothing to sneeze at, either!

KsM715

Interesting, but does the KM 250 go as fast or faster than the M35A2? Does it have dual-circuit brakes/disk brakes? If so, could it be a viable alternative to retro-fit an M35 with the Kia parts to upgrade to dual-circuit brakes?

You can already do that by aquiring all the parts that the late model deuces have that already have the dual brake system.

Good point Jeff, but what I'm wondering is would it be cheaper to ship the Kia parts from a Korean distributor or just buy the later-model domestic parts? Is there a monster price difference similar to the case of my tattoo outfit?
:popcorn:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
When I was in Korea the last time (1994) the Koreans were knocking off every kind of truck and piece of construction equipment they could get their dirty dik beaters on.

Dawoo had a knock off of a SCANIA four axle dump truck that got them sued.

I saw a lot of the Korean deuces and they looked decent and had a quiet diesel engine in them....they seemed to do well in traffic.

They have a version of the M38 and the M715 also....both of them had diesels in them

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks