• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kirkland diesel oil

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I happened upon enough free Kirkland brand 15w40 to do an oil change. Is it ok to use? Or should I stick with rotella?

Thanks-
I use it in everything I run. Cheap enough to compete with mobil delvac and my costco is never out of it unlike Walmart and Sam's don't have crap.

All diesel oils have the same additive package.

XPLRNX2

I use it in everything I run. Cheap enough to compete with mobil delvac and my costco is never out of it unlike Walmart and Sam's don't have crap.

All diesel oils have the same additive package.
I've wondered the same about quality of the Kirkland oil, thanks for sharing your experience!👍👍😎

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From what I've read about the Kirkland brand, be it oil, meats, and many household items, it generally is coming from top-of-the-line brand names under contract with Kirkland distributing .. Always read the specs on oil labels no matter what, if it matches Mack, Caterpillar, Mil-Spec etc listed for your truck you should be just fine

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My feeling on oil is stick with a good brand name oil. I have no idea who refines Kirkland oil, but I would bet it is a big refiner. I have used NAPA oil, which used to be made by Valvoline. I also use Delvac and Rotella, among other brands. Guys get all crazy about oil brands like pickup truck brands. Get a good one. That's it. With that said, MOST of us don't use our trucks for anything to make a difference.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks