• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Knocking noise

jim1131

I finally got my humvee running but im hearing a knocking noise from the right rear axle when I took it for a drive, I can hear the noise even when the vehicle is rolling in neutral. Has anyone experienced this problem and maybe can give some advise as to what may be the problem?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had an issue with the brake caliper bracket bolts backing out and contacting the ends of the halfshaft bolts on both front calipers. Not exactly a knocking sound, but similar. Just something to check, along with the halfshaft bolts.

If you can grab the brake caliper and it moves at all, then this is definitely something to fix.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks