• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

knuckle boom for a Deuce

joeM62

I had seen two duces on here that had them, but wonder if any knuckle booms
would fit behind the cab of a duce, I know i would have to slide the bed back or shorten the bed. I've price some booms at some good prices. Would anybody have any ideas or suggestions on this? :?: :?:

DanMartin

RE: knuckle boom for a duce

Search for HIAB or PM Cranetruck....he's the man for figuring out the HIAB crane for the deuce. Note that his model was actually built for an M35 series truck...

joeM62

thanks Dan, with old yellar wrecker leaving the yard and a duce coming into the yard this is something i've been wanting to do. but didn't know how to go about it.

joeM62

NO offroad :shock:, nah see yah saturday offroad. i like to talk to the guys on here that have them to see which one i need to get and how hard it would be to put on the duce frame :?: :?: :?:

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
the deuce frame is the same width as most civvy trucks (medium duty and up). assuming you have the ability to lift it, putting one on the truck is the "easy" part. IMO what is more involved is...
- deciding how much weight you are willing to put on a deuce chassis I have decided I am willing to go up to about 4k lbs (for the right deal) but would much prefer to be in the 3k-3.5k range
-powering the crane (pretty simple if the crane has a self contained power pack) not so simple if you plan to use a PTO powered pump.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
if i were to put a kboom behind the cab, i would a least double if not triple the frame a ways in both directions

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks