• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Large mobile AC units getting scraped

ODdave

Anyone need any parts from these ac units? I guess they where used to keep pilots cool while waiting in the aircraft. Scraping them out, Im keeping the engines and running gear.

Doubt many guys on here have these but I figured I'd ask if there where any wants before there gone.

I will get better pictures this weekend.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
How much for a complete one?

If I remember right, there is a LOT of stainless in there.
How much does the fuel tank hold? Is it something you can remove?

Last edited:

ODdave

Yea, wanna keep the frame and axles, Uh, as far as selling them whole..... not sure. I really want to keep the engines as I cannot seem to find parts for my l423 I could use these L634 in place.

Ill grab some more pics today. Still trying to find a way to recover the reffer.

ODdave

12kw 120-208 3ph 4wire.

There is also a large fan mounted on the top for the condensers, belive it is 5hp

That blower (blue fan) whould make a HeII of a super charger for something lol

FP1201

What are the engines? Lots of older Airfield equipment used Continental "PE" series engines, which are air-cooled, horizontal-opposed, in 4, 6, and 8 cylinder configurations. (think piston airplane engines)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks