• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Last HMMWV produced/serial numbers?

M1165A1

Just curious - anyone know when the last HMMWVs were produced for the US military, and what are the highest serial numbers seen?

GP has had a few in the low 350xxx range they say are 2012 manufacture; are there any newer than that?

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don’t know how true it is but I was watching a video about the vehicle replacing the Hmmwv. They said that the Hmmwv will be in service until 2050. Marines are doing away with them but other branches will use them for support. I would think if true they are still producing them for the military.

M1165A1

Don’t know how true it is but I was watching a video about the vehicle replacing the Hmmwv. They said that the Hmmwv will be in service until 2050. Marines are doing away with them but other branches will use them for support. I would think if true they are still producing them for the military.

I was under the impression that new production had ceased in favor of the JLTV and it was only service/parts for AM General. I freely admit I could be wrong on that.

Guyfang

Staff member
There will be no new HMMWV's. Repair parts, yes. But new one, (Unless its for Ukraine) is not an option. As trucks wear out, or are damaged, (Or given away) they will be replaced by the new JLTV. At some point, whole units will be instructed to turn in all Hummer and pick up the new trucks.

Hummer Guy

Just curious - anyone know when the last HMMWVs were produced for the US military, and what are the highest serial numbers seen?

GP has had a few in the low 350xxx range they say are 2012 manufacture; are there any newer than that?
I thought the US was still ordering newer humvees and will be to 2050? I could've sworn I remember seeing an article saying they were ordering more humvees either last year or early this year

Guyfang

Staff member
Producing Hummers for other countries is always an option. Like I wrote, as an example, Ukraine, or other countries. But the US gov is not procuring them, (according to a TACOM friend) for the U.S. Military.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hmmwv’s are still being mfg’d, The Army even pulled and reallocated JLTV funds to hmmwv production because the JLTV is a disaster.

Guyfang

Staff member
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks