• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lds 427 headgasket questions

scooter01922

Hi all, been searching for a headgasket for the m35a1 and ran into a bit of a mystery while talking to white owl the other day. It seems the stock number for the headgasket on a lds 427-2 and a ldt 465 are the same. Concrete info on the rellationship between these two multifuel siblings has come to me over the years on here but its not really complete. I know they share a common block but the heads are different part numbers and internals are largely different. Is it really just a matter of stroke seperating these engines?? Has to be the same bore to have the same HG right?? Not going to count on the books on this one just yet, seems far too easy that these match up. On a second note, is m35tom still selling those new headgaskets? Took a look around ebay and did not see them. Help greatly appreciated :-D

dmetalmiki

Same

I have replacement gaskets for my 427 and 465s. ALL SAME. 'cept the 427s are one piece. Later and 465, Seperate ring (top of cylinders) "inserts"

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
........... Has to be the same bore to have the same HG right?? Not going to count on the books on this one just yet, seems far too easy that these match up. On a second note, is m35tom still selling those new headgaskets? Took a look around ebay and did not see them. Help greatly appreciated :-D
No, the stroke is the same for all MF engines; but bore is different: 4-9/16" vs. 4-5/16".
I have used the "older, separate fire ring style" - 465 gasket sets for the 427 as well. No problems at all. But I know that if I had them custom-made, 1piece, they would have to perfectly match the smaller opening.
Not sure if Tom is still selling his, at least I didn't see them advertised now, after a quick search... He sure will comment on this.

G.

edit: just found his ad, still in the old classifieds... http://www.steelsoldiers.com/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=3718

Last edited:

JasonS

Take a look at page 49 of "Troubleshooting Manual LDS-465 1 Multifuel Manual" which talks about head gaskets for the LDS-427-2.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Scoot, I have both style gaskets if you can't find what you want. I also have an LDT taken apart. If you have your heads off, I can get some measurements for you, if you want.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take a look at page 49 of "Troubleshooting Manual LDS-465 1 Multifuel Manual" which talks about head gaskets for the LDS-427-2.
Interesting! I take it from there that head gaskets have always been "one size fits all", regardless of style (1pc or multipiece w/ firerings).

G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks