• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leaking fuel filter assembly

Miah

Evening folks.

So my Filter base appears to be leaking...but it doesn't appear to be the typical middle sensor.

My leak appears to be the lowest sensor that bolts to the back of the base & runs through it into a port at the bottom of the filter. Filter is only a couple months old & rubber seals on it should be good, but a person can never be completely sure.

Anything I can do to fix what I've got? Should I slap another filter on & see if it seals to the sensor shaft better or would that be throwing money away?

mistaken1

Sometimes the base cracks and needs to be replaced.

Others install a spin on filter housing rather than hassle with finding a good used or NOS base.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Realize that these are twenty five year old trucks.

Metal can fatigue. One of the things I do first off is to just replace the fuel filter, it's base and bracket. It just gives me a known good place to start. You can mess with it for weeks or years (like I did) or just get a new one and move on to the next problem (and yeah, you will find more problems).

Re-read the first statement.

edpdx

So are the bases obsolete altogether? If so are their repair options or like mistaken1 and wallew said with the spin-on? Just one kit, or are there some better than others?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks