• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LED bulbs for GEN1/2 idiot lights?

Droolguy

I know that the bulbs are required for alternator operation, and that they are prone to burning out.

Anyone ever put in some modern LED bulbs since they virtually never burn out?

I know their resistance is a lot lower than a normal incandescent, but would the exciter circuit really care?

Droolguy

Nevermind, I found an old thread about complete LED light conversions in the dash, people say that the Gen lights stay lit all the time so it does not work.

Droolguy

All you would need to do is place a resistor in the circuits so that it mimicked a standard incandescent I believe. It's something that's required in a lot of things that were originally designed for incandescent lightbulbs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks