• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Libby Welding corp 300 amp welder

AMGeneral

Well,I figured I would start a thread posting up the progress on the 2 Libby welding corp 300 amp welders I won from GSA around 1/24/13.

Both units were listed as unknown completion or running status,and I did not preview them,and I ended up winning both for a very reasonable sum.

They are 300 amp 32v DC @60% duty cycle,both powered by 04A084 military standard engines with electric start,1 dated 1971 and the other 1975,one with 48 hrs and the other with 170.

Welder #1 did spin over by hand,the other did not, after some minor work I have both welders running and welder #1 welds and runs as it should.

Attachments

AMGeneral

Good deal. Don't those function as gennys also?
Yeah,they have a 120V circuit as well,2 standard house plugs per each.

I had a Hobart 500 amp diesel welder mounted on a M353 trailer before,"welding shop,trailer mounted".

But I sold it several years back.

Last edited:

AMGeneral

Basically they needed a good cleaning,tune up,and fresh gas along with cleaning the fuel tanks.

The second welder just had some light rust on the rings from sitting.

AMGeneral

Just a little update, after I traded off 1 welder to Ferro, I am left with 1,and with some mild tinkering this weekend I have it back running. It runs and generates as well as welds now!

I hopefully will get to take it along on the trip to Florida to pick up the M920 in a couple weeks.

Just a FYI, the 04A084 engine uses the same "double hump" mechanical fuel pump as the 2 cylinder M274 mule, an Airtex 73105.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks