• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lifting a M1031

camoyj7

Spent the day swapping in a Dana 70 dually rear axle and a 4" lift. Still need to add the 14 bolt SRW rear hubs to the rear Dana 70 and add the dually hubs to the front Dana 60. I also need to install the crossover steering, steering box brace, braided brake lines and rear disc brakes.

Attachments

truck1

Agree on the shackle flip. Sweet rig. What rear disc conversion are you planning on using? I used the El Dorado Caddy setup from TSM. Happy with it and the e-brake works well. Search my posts for pics and more info .

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you sans locker now that the 70 is in? I'm guessing that the SRW hubs will aid in placement of the HMMWV rims, correct?
Shackle flip, not a big fan for a work truck. You would have to re-engineer all the overload leaf pads to keep the overloads then you deal with the pinion angle complications. Flips are great for a trail rig but not the hot ticket on a truck that works and gets loaded.

Last edited:

camoyj7

I agree with Recovery on the shackle flip. This truck really will never see off road. Unfortunately I will lose the locker for now. The 14 bolt locker wont work in the Dana 70. The SRW hubs on the DRW axle will make it 77" wide perfect for the Hmmwv wheels.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I give you kudos on lifting an M1031. I have a concoction that resembles an SECM. Stock height (mostly) and other than duals, stock size tires. I still have trouble reaching the side boxes. Gimpy will be along soon to comment on my being altitudally challenged.

Ilikemtb999

Are you sans locker now that the 70 is in? I'm guessing that the SRW hubs will aid in placement of the HMMWV rims, correct?
Axle flip, not a big fan for a work truck. You would have to re-engineer all the overload leaf pads to keep the overloads then you deal with the pinion angle complications. Flips are great for a trail rig but not the hot ticket on a truck that works and gets loaded.

Shackle flip, not axle flip.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since I know nothing about HMMWVs, is that spare lifted up with a ratchet binder type device?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks