• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lighter rear springs

Wow it's been a long time since I've been on here. Been driving my 1008 for 10 years with absolutely no major trouble. The other day I noticed that one of the leaves in the back spring is broken in two places. The truck has in had an ORD lift in it for many years but uses the factory rear springs and a shackle flip. The rear springs are a mess from aging rust not to mention the broken leaf. Wondering if anybody has used lighter duty brings in their 1008s for better unloaded ride and perhaps a slight amount of rear suspension articulation LOL. Was thinking maybe three quarter ton springs or similar? I don't want to lose much if any unloaded height.

Skinny

I have a set of Eaton springs. Been in the truck for almost a decade. Still looking good. They ride soft, truck doesn't squat hauling a trailer with another big truck on it, and off-road flex is really good considering what it's on.

I'd get them again in a heartbeat.

Thanks Skinny. That's what I'm after. Front springs are easy ride and came with the lift. Need to address the rear and finally put the zero rates in the back. Any memories of specifics like spring load capacity etc?

Skinny

Thanks Skinny. That's what I'm after. Front springs are easy ride and came with the lift. Need to address the rear and finally put the zero rates in the back. Any memories of specifics like spring load capacity etc?
I think they were the standard K30 replacement. I do have a heavy rear being an M1031 but I don't carry a ton of weight beside that. They work really well. Happy 100% with their quality.

I think with 8 or 9 leafs, if they are still stuff you can remove 1 or 2 without any I'll effect on durability.

The other option would be half ton springs. You would probably have to move spring hangers around. I'm not sure if they are the same length off the top of my head. But I'd go with quality springs first before diving into half ton springs.

I think they were the standard K30 replacement. I do have a heavy rear being an M1031 but I don't carry a ton of weight beside that. They work really well. Happy 100% with their quality.

I think with 8 or 9 leafs, if they are still stuff you can remove 1 or 2 without any I'll effect on durability.

The other option would be half ton springs. You would probably have to move spring hangers around. I'm not sure if they are the same length off the top of my head. But I'd go with quality springs first before diving into half ton springs.
Yeah K10s are 52" where K20/30 are 56". Don't want to get into the half ton stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks