• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lighting upgrades

kurtkds

So I was bored tonight and thought I'd take some pics of the lighting upgrades I've done over the last several months.

I thought a night shot of the lighting would look pretty cool.

What do you think?

And for the heck of it, the traditional poser shot..:-D

The third one is of the Blackout lights. The blackout drive light uses green LEDs which looks really cool at night.

Attachments

Last edited:

kurtkds

Yea, they're Trucklight's. They put out a lot more light and the pattern is really tight. The color they put out is the same as a LED flashlight but a heck of a lot brighter (white). Makes for good contrast at night.

Lex_Ordo

The other LED company is Grote.
I put these on my truck and trailer, and like them more than the Trucklite. They're a bit brighter, and i like the lens, and body composition better. They also have camouflaged b/outs until they are lit.

The Grote's are a product improvement from the Trucklite. This is always the case as new companies break into the market of competitors.

These pics are with the B/outs on. when they are off, It is just green like the case.

Attachments

Hammer

Love those lights, but at that cost, there is no way I can justify it for something that doesn't get driven enough.
But if I drove it all the time, the safety factor might justify it.

kurtkds

I got mine through Levine Auto. Yea I paid more for the lights than the truck, but the value of the truck to me is way higher than what I paid for it.

I do drive it a lot so I'd say the head light were the best investment... I get a lot of comments about them and how they stand out both day and night.

Lex_Ordo

I paid something like $700 & change, for the full retro-fit HMMWV kit.
It is has all LED, B/out headlight which actually is green, and very cool looking; Two front marker, and two Taillights.
The HMMWV retro-kit, is the way to go because they are wired with resistors to simulate the load in amps to activate the newer M series flasher units. My unit is a Nartron, and it needs the faux load.

jwaller

ebay is selling a lot of the led headlight kits these days. looks like you can get them for 300 a set right now and thats a steal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks