• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lights went out

Marlboro

On saturday night i had been driving my deuce for about 1 hour at night with the lights on(of course). I briefly stopped at a buddies house and as i backed into his driveway all the lights went out, head lights and dash lights. It kinda shocked me so i put the light switch to off then back on, nothing came on. So as i thought to myself oh well guess i'll leave it here tonight and get a ride home they came back on. i chatted with him for a while then drove home with no problems! Any ideas?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The circuit breaker within the 3-lever switch tripped. A sudden overload will effect all the lights...
It happened to me one time driving with the m105 trailer (=extra lights), so I added a manual override/bypass circuit to switch the lights back on...later added a separate circuit that involved a relay so that the light switch would only "see" the relay coil. That's now SOP with me, both the deuce and the 8x8 has that circuit.

Attachments

Last edited:
If you were in Georgia when it happened, it was because they hung an innocent man.:-D
I would have been singing all the way home.

That's the night the lights went out in georgia
That's the night that they hung an innocent man
Don't trust your soul to no back woods southern lawyer
Cause the judge in the towns got bloodstains on his hand

steelandcanvas

If you were in Georgia when it happened, it was because they hung an innocent man.:-D
I would have been singing all the way home.

That's the night the lights went out in georgia
That's the night that they hung an innocent man
Don't trust your soul to no back woods southern lawyer
Cause the judge in the towns got bloodstains on his hand
Where do ya get em, DrGreg??:roll::-D

mudguppy

um, without blatantly hijacking this thread too bad, i'm wondering if i have a similar problem?

when driving, my headlights will flicker every so often, getting worse and worse until eventually (40+ minutes?) they will randomly go out for a few seconds altogether. i believe it is only the headlights and the dash and flashers still work.

same problem???

oldshep

My lights flicker sometimes when I have the dashlights on. I just jiggle the switch and they normally come back on. and heck, the switch is new even!

DoubleRDelight

I have an M915 ('85) with a similar problem but the headlights, trailer lights, markers, constantly flash/flicker after about 10 minutes of operation and then will not go back solid. Need some help figuring this out. It has got to be a 24V to 12 issue, Circuit breaker. What am I missing

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your 915 issue has been discussed before.

Please look or post in the 5 ton forums for that issue. (not the 2.5 ton forum)

A search for M915 headlight switch should help you.

rrrr

Just replace your 3 lever light switch. These things frequently go out. They are old and get a lot of use. New can be purchased very reasonably.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks