• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Linux and Chat

Mudstone

I have been searching and trying to find out why i can load the chat rooms and read what everyone is saying. I however cannot interact with it at all. I am running Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala on an HP DV6400 laptop. I have 2 gig of ram. I currently have flash installed through the ubuntu restricted extras. Flash movies work fine youtube etc. I don't know what is going on. Any other info you need please ask away. Oh shoot I run Firefox 3.5.5 and i'm on the 64 bit kernel for ubuntu. Any info would be great.

Capt.Marion

I have been searching and trying to find out why i can load the chat rooms and read what everyone is saying. I however cannot interact with it at all. I am running Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala on an HP DV6400 laptop. I have 2 gig of ram. I currently have flash installed through the ubuntu restricted extras. Flash movies work fine youtube etc. I don't know what is going on. Any other info you need please ask away. Oh shoot I run Firefox 3.5.5 and i'm on the 64 bit kernel for ubuntu. Any info would be great.
Have you tried a different browser? Maybe try Opera... that sometimes works on sites that FF won't.

sangamon

Mudstone,

Flash has a consistent problem of "just going away" in GNU/Linux. I'm running Hardy, Jaunty, and Karmic, some 32 bit and some 64 bit. They all have the problem with Flash.

Here are some things to try which "might" fix your problem.

1. Set your FireFox options to clear ALL private data.
2. Exit and restart FireFox just before you try do do anything important in Flash.
3. Cleanup your Flash Objects folder. It's probably at a location named similarly to: /home/your_userid_here/.macromedia/Flash_Player/#SharedObjects/LMC6DKZW
4. Rebooting probably won't hurt, but it's never been necessary for me.

HTH

mangus580

As far as I know... Flash for 64 bit is still beta? This might be causing an issue. I have not had any trouble with the chatbox in linux before. (not using it now though)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks