• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

list on components in VIC-3 intercom set

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Couple questions about the VIC-3 intercom set.

1. Does someone have a complete breakdown of all the components for the set, including cables?

2. I have gotten mixed information regarding its compatibility with VIC-1 components or VRC-12 series radios. Is the VIC-3 compatible with either of these rigs? If not, what is it compatible with?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck finding VIC-3 cables.. Not much (If anything) is compatible with VIC-1 from VIC-3, except MAYBE the VRC-12 series radios, and I doubt that....

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone else? Perhaps OPCOM can chime in on this, he is our resident expert on tactical and modern military commo gear.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
My understanding is nothing is compatable except the sincgars mount and sincgars capatable antennaes. Even the cvc is different.

I have a breakdown on it somewhere and will get it post.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do not know anything about the VIC-3 other than it is rare, costly, and has incompatibilities. A complete working system with radio is quite a prize. Sorry i can't help with any deep tech on that.

Cdub

the vic-3 is a complete digital system and don't mix headsets with the vic-1 or the vic3. The SINCGARS can interface with the VIC-1 and then they were replaced with the VIC-3. I'm not sure how the well the VIC-3 will interface with the VRC-12 series radios. The VIC-3 was designed for use with the SINCGARS radios and is not compatible with the VIC-1 what so ever.

seya,

C'dub

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone with a component list? I have half of the components for the set, but I want to keep an eye out for the remainder when they pop up at shows, eBay, etc. If someone has a -20P or similar parts manual for this VIC-3 set, I'd appreciate any component info you can provide.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hear ya....but when I found a couple of the complete control boxes and amplifiers for $100 for the whole set, I'm not too worried that I will find a working headset for a good price. I found a source for cables too, I just have to sort through a pile of 2,000 lbs of cables to get to them. :-D

CARNAC helped me with the component list, thanks!

SignalSam

Begging for help

I read this post, and I am under a similiar situation. Even the latest Pubs don't seem to have a complete Component listing. Is it possible I might also get a copy of this from you CARNAC? I would be extremely grateful.

cisbob

I have the complete manual (technical) for ROVIS, which is was the world wide export version of AN/VIC3. quite happy to send you a copy via email if you still need it. I worked with it in UK where it was manufactured and sold to the US via NG. Happy to help if not too late. please use my email as I don't come on this too often and had to join to give an answer

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks