• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MO Lmtv insurance and registration in Montana

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My local one but I initially had it under my name here and I'm getting it transferred to the having the insurance plan under my LLC

Sent from my S62 Pro using Tapatalk

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm already done with that part - its the insurance I'm trying to sort out now.
Yeah I told the agent that currently the vehicle is a full flatbed / stakebed original configuration but that eventually when I'm done it will be an RV with a habitat on it. Somehow he didn't quite get the message properly or somebody at the office screwed up and it already says RV. I didn't quite realize that until he said the insurance company wants photos of the living quarters so they can add that to their records that I told him it's not an RV yet dude! So now they are working on correcting that mistake and also billing me directly to my LLC.

muddiver

For Montana, no sales tax, permanent registration and tags for lmtv, as truck, or an RV. Insurance with state farm. they don't care what engine or mileage!, For flathead county, no weight fee either!

Do you have a point of contacted for State Farm in MT. I called my local agent at Yellowstone CO. and they said "no can do" too big of a truck. Fireton,6X6..

BigMontana

For Montana, no sales tax, permanent registration and tags for lmtv, as truck, or an RV. Insurance with state farm. they don't care what engine or mileage!, For flathead county, no weight fee either!

Thanks! I am moving back home to Montana (Polson) so i won't even have to do the LLC thing. I would love to know the name of ANY insurance agent in Montana that will write me a policy. I've already tried Great West, Progressive (USAA), and now i'm going to start calling State Farm Agents in the Missoula, Polson, Kalispell area. Any leads would be great.

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks! I am moving back home to Montana (Polson) so i won't even have to do the LLC thing. I would love to know the name of ANY insurance agent in Montana that will write me a policy. I've already tried Great West, Progressive (USAA), and now i'm going to start calling State Farm Agents in the Missoula, Polson, Kalispell area. Any leads would be great.
I don't know any agents there but perhaps you might try in Kalispell as that is where one of the LLC agent companies is

BigMontana

Truck was pretty hard to get insured, I called a lot of folx who kept saying no.

The dumbest answer all day was from state farm who said "our underwriter said he'd only insure it/you if you have been a long term state farm customer. that is how you lose a new long term customer, who would have bought three other policies from you. When I asked what "area" this underwriter covered they said "the entire state of Montana (eg I'm not gonna get a different answer elsewhere from State Farm).

I'm not putting speed gearing on it, and before I spent the last three years at school I drove trucks professionally for 14 years, that should make me a pretty low risk.

In the end $680 for a whole year, coverage at well above state minimums. With the expectation that the truck will be driven less than 4000 miles a year. I got the insurance at a company called Hagerty, under their classic vehicle insurance. They said indoor garaging was not a requirement. And they also said they could NOT insure it if I turned it into an RV. Which I guess is fine with me, I wasn't gonna hard wall it anyway, just set up a tarp/tent system with some PVC pipe. (I already bought two used billboard vinyls).

That price includes the fact my driving record has one Careless driving ticket that is 6 months old--Some B.S. someone claims happened in a parking garage but no one has yet to shown me any proof.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks