• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Interior door handles

Cave Johnson

Can someone give me the rough dims on one of those. I dont have any to sample, but want to throw those in with my order for window brackets. No reason not to model those and have them cut along with the window bracket.

I can to it from scratch easily enough, but making it look indistinguishably the same is some peoples preference (mine included)

Cave Johnson

Nobody wants to say "hey, its about this long" even? Allright, Ill do my own bidirectional unit.

If you ever want to know why there are passenger and driver side versions for these things, its not about cost, its about the guys on the floor and the guys who run them being too stupid to understand "either side". An item like that confused them. They would label items as PS and DS that were not specific.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Nobody wants to say "hey, its about this long" even? Allright, Ill do my own bidirectional unit.

If you ever want to know why there are passenger and driver side versions for these things, its not about cost, its about the guys on the floor and the guys who run them being too stupid to understand "either side". An item like that confused them. They would label items as PS and DS that were not specific.

I don't do anything with the CNC mostly because I don't have one... I do have a neat sign machine that handles 5ft x 10ft sheets of material - but it is similar but different :)

ANYHOW, I snapped a few pictures. If you need better specs, I do know how to read a micrometer or a ruler...

Door Handle - Interior 01.jpgDoor Handle - Interior 02.jpgDoor Handle - Interior 03.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That's perfect thanks!

If anyone is ever curious, you can always just pull the window reel handle off and it works as a door handle instead.
Yes Sir. That is the way my M1089 was when it arrived. One handle for everything that was moved from position to position :-( . Also had to turn the door pulls over - so the "finger hold" was down rather than up. Not quite sure why it was turned the way it was since it was a water trap if the windows were down.

Last edited:

Cave Johnson

Since this is related, if anyone is feeling lazy and cheap, or in a bind, Doorman (heh) part# 775-5502 is 15 bucks off amazon and fits the windows and door handles. You need to drill out the door handle hole on the interior panel to 3/4" min. The bolt is an M6-1 x 22mm flat head for the window, I think its probably got room for another 2mm of depth, but 22 fits for sure.

That PN is the chrome version, but obviously there is also a black one.

1652128839621.png

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks