• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV M1078 and M1079 Mechanical Help Needed in Addison, Texas

Aselk

I am new to the LMTV world so I guess I should buy two and be really new. The M1078 picked up at auction last week, perfect body, great interior, Fork Lift Destroyed both drive shafts and I does not start, does not crank, does not power. I have ordered new batteries, OMG so expensive, but bought original ones. Will be in town in a couple days. Hope this powers up the panel, when truck arrived, the passenger relay cover was off and there is a connector sticking out of the dash where the red push start goes.

If someone could come give me a quick once over and some technical advice on the truck, I would happily pay for the time and expertise. I have a warehouse with plenty of equipment and tools. Please let me know.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I am new to the LMTV world so I guess I should buy two and be really new. The M1078 picked up at auction last week, perfect body, great interior, Fork Lift Destroyed both drive shafts and I does not start, does not crank, does not power. I have ordered new batteries, OMG so expensive, but bought original ones. Will be in town in a couple days. Hope this powers up the panel, when truck arrived, the passenger relay cover was off and there is a connector sticking out of the dash where the red push start goes.

If someone could come give me a quick once over and some technical advice on the truck, I would happily pay for the time and expertise. I have a warehouse with plenty of equipment and tools. Please let me know.
Check with @fuzzytoaster

Third From Texas

fyi: the original Hawkers are great batteries, but any 12v car/truck batteries would have worked. And unless you live above the arctic circle, two batteries are all that are needed. Even the commercial 6TL batteries from NAPA or Interstate are overkill. And unless it's an A1R truck, it really doesn't have a strong enough alternator to deal with four batteries.

That said, lots of big tools in your future if you don't already have them in the warehouse. Get ALL the TM's that apply to your model trucks (both A0?) and give them a good once-over. That way if someone comes to help you, you'll be up to speed.

Next step, read all the TMs again. Most anything you need to know about these trucks can be found in the TMs.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Welcome to the outfit!

Like Third From Texas mentioned - the books will take you a long way. Troubleshooting and Flow Charts to follow to solve problems. Knowing the name of those two pieces of rubber behind the grille that the TM's call a "Cab Support" that other folks might call a "Biscuit" or maybe a "Rubber Bushing" will be important. Can't buy it if you can't find it in the book or parts book with the wrong name. (Ask me how I know!)

You have to remember that these trucks could have been pirated for parts to keep another truck in the line running. At least that switch can be had from some of the guys on this board.

BE SURE to snap a few pictures and post them in your thread. That will help you diag things as you go along with your New-To-You truck! Again, welcome to your new money pit adventure. We are all in it with you - and wouldn't change it for anything :cool:

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter

another classic GP buying experience ..

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I'm in Irving and we could arrange a time help you go over your recent winnings and share info. Depending on where you acquired your truck, I may be able to give you some history on it. No promises.

coachgeo

I can be reached at #xxxxxxxxxxx. Thank you.
while it is NOT a rule here.... it is a bit of bad (N)etiquette to post direct contact information in forums for such material attracts phishing bots and slew of other bad agents that a site owner bust their arses to keep away with hard their earned dollars and slew of volunteer hours.

IMHO use private messaging to share direct contact information or at least disguise the info (for example... Similar number disguised- ( [1+1]one4912six3 ). Best is just Private messaging.

just a .02 to consider

Last edited:

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah what Coachgeo said. You should go in and delete your personal telephone number from the post and only PM members direct with your contact info.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yeah what Coachgeo said. You should go in and delete your personal telephone number from the post and only PM members direct with your contact info.
Just so you know too... When you go update your post to remove your phone number - should you choose to do so - ANYBODY who replied to your post has to go back and delete that phone number from their post as well. Changing your original only fixes that post and not any "quoted posts" by other members.

I discovered that somewhat by accident on a completely different adventure...

coachgeo

Just so you know too... When you go update your post to remove your phone number - should you choose to do so - ANYBODY who replied to your post has to go back and delete that phone number from their post as well. Changing your original only fixes that post and not any "quoted posts" by other members.

I discovered that somewhat by accident on a completely different adventure...
so far.... not this case..... no one has quoted it (yet).. but typically you are correct (i changed the number in my quote)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks