• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV M1078A0 - Thermostat What Temp? PN 1193075

Overdrive

OK, here is a dilemma...

Figure since I am going to drain the coolant to install a block heater shortly I should go ahead and swap out the thermostat and check over the hoses. Looked up the thermostat part number in m1078_TM 9-2320-365-24P, page 119, figure 43-1, item number 14. It shows the part number as 119-3075. A quick search shows lots of parts available and it looks like a CAT Part Number 1193075 with lots of choices. I see thermostats with opening temps at 177, 195, and 200 degrees.

Does anyone know what temp should we use on the LMTV (CAT 3116 A0)?

UPDATE:
It looks like the thermostats I was looking at are aftermarket that fit a range of engines and not the specific CAT 119-3075 regulator (thermostat). It would appear that the specific part number is fully open at 201 degrees so that would tell me its starting to open temp is around 195. Sooooo.... I should be looking for a genuine CAT part thermostat not a generic aftermarket one.

Thanks for any assistance.
OD

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks