LMTV out there somewhere?

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm looking for a M1078 or any of the 4 wheeled variants. I've seen a few offered but $20k seems a bit high.

Please let me know if there is one out there that needs a good home.

I'm on the east coast but willing to do a road trip if necessary.

kidkona

I'm looking for a M1078 or any of the 4 wheeled variants. I've seen a few offered but $20k seems a bit high.

I have one for sale. I'm on Long Island NY . Rich

Phoenix77

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I have a running M1081 in Greenville, NC. Complete truck, asking $12k. If you're interested, shoot me a text: 2522584593

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What would you consider to be a realistic price for a good running unit?
Based on what I'm seeing they sell for at auction and accounting for someone putting their time into it to get it in decent condition I'm targeting $11k - $12k.

I've been swamped with work and after work work so I'm behind on reaching out. I'll be catching up shortly.

Phoenix77

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Based on what I'm seeing they sell for at auction and accounting for someone putting their time into it to get it in decent condition I'm targeting $11k - $12k.

I've been swamped with work and after work work so I'm behind on reaching out. I'll be catching up shortly.
That sounds perfectly reasonable.

I'm only two (2) hours away.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Well auction prices don't account for the 30 to 90 or more days someone has their money tied up in it before they even touch the truck. Then the transport costs, Then their costs to get it running. You get what you pay for and it's about location, location, location. You are an 90min from Bragg and 2.5hrs from Richmond where a majority of the LMTVs are sold. Guess there has to be a particular reason you don’t want to but directly from govplanet.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well auction prices don't account for the 30 to 90 or more days someone has their money tied up in it before they even touch the truck. Then the transport costs, Then their costs to get it running. You get what you pay for and it's about location, location, location. You are an 90min from Bragg and 2.5hrs from Richmond where a majority of the LMTVs are sold. Guess there has to be a particular reason you don’t want to but directly from govplanet.
Thanks for the info. I totally get that since I've been sourcing MEPs out of Fayetteville for a number of years. These trucks are a bit of a different animal to me and I understand the cost of say doing a rebuild on the transmission can be frighteningly expensive. As an aside, I wish they were available with a manual transmission. If I buy one it will be the first vehicle in my life I've bought with an automatic.

I'm working to get a workshop built where I can take on larger projects such as one of these trucks and heck, even catch up on my generator projects. I'm not super familiar with these trucks and as such I'm willing to pay for someone more familiar with them to give them the initial checkout and servicing. Its also of value to me to have a truck that is already titled for the road. Again, I'm not well versed on any of the gotchas with getting these vehicles tagged in NC.

Longer term I expect to do some restorative and upgrades to the truck I purchase. It will be a learning experience just as the generators have been. To be hones I don't have time to start with a basket case. I would like to have a vehicle that is usable now and in good enough shape to put some time into going forward.

Phoenix77

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the info. I totally get that since I've been sourcing MEPs out of Fayetteville for a number of years. These trucks are a bit of a different animal to me and I understand the cost of say doing a rebuild on the transmission can be frighteningly expensive. As an aside, I wish they were available with a manual transmission. If I buy one it will be the first vehicle in my life I've bought with an automatic.

I'm working to get a workshop built where I can take on larger projects such as one of these trucks and heck, even catch up on my generator projects. I'm not super familiar with these trucks and as such I'm willing to pay for someone more familiar with them to give them the initial checkout and servicing. Its also of value to me to have a truck that is already titled for the road. Again, I'm not well versed on any of the gotchas with getting these vehicles tagged in NC.

Longer term I expect to do some restorative and upgrades to the truck I purchase. It will be a learning experience just as the generators have been. To be hones I don't have time to start with a basket case. I would like to have a vehicle that is usable now and in good enough shape to put some time into going forward.
Likewise. Check your email; I think this is meant to be.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I've got a running/driving 1081 in Seagrove (Near the Asheboro Zoo) I fully intended to part it out, but its a great runner that just needs a little love. Its too nice to part. I need to get $9k (thats minimum that parts are worth) or I have a nice 1081 winch truck that seems to do every thing right, even the CTIS works well, I'm at $12.5K on that one. Easy drive over to check them out

nayrbrellim

I've got a running/driving 1081 in Seagrove (Near the Asheboro Zoo) I fully intended to part it out, but its a great runner that just needs a little love. Its too nice to part. I need to get $9k (thats minimum that parts are worth) or I have a nice 1081 winch truck that seems to do every thing right, even the CTIS works well, I'm at $12.5K on that one. Easy drive over to check them out
We used to live in Asheboro when we first moved to NC (at the Deep River Campground), Love me Luckys Burger-n Tap. We're up north of Burlington now, near Reidsville but we make the trip down there to go to Delks then Luckys on occasion.

theeagle

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I have m1078 and m1079 , the van has been converted into a fully functioning RV(bathroom, shower, bed, sink, etc). The other is standard troop carrier. Located in Baton Rouge LA.

(I have a host of other equipment i'm now wanting to part with, I've been doing community work for a number of years, and i'm about to retire and take a break)

Last edited:

nayrbrellim

I have m1078 and m1079 , the van has been converted into a fully functioning RV(bathroom, shower, bed, sink, etc). The other is standard troop carrier. Located in Baton Rouge LA.

(I have a host of other equipment i'm not wanting to part with, I've been doing community work for a number of years, and i'm about to retire and take a break)
Do you have any pictures of these, and how much are you asking for them?

thanks

Phoenix77

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw that one, looks like a really nice ride, you've done a lo to it.

But I would be more interested in the one that was converted to an RV.

thanks
I have an S-280 that is completely stripped down and good to go; fits right in the back of the LMTV and then you can do your own camper build.

Shoot, I even have a 400w solar array, RV power center for 12v / 110v shore power, split A/C / heating unit, light fixtures, RV windows, shower pan, some fixtures etc. all new in box that I was going to use to build it into a camper on my M1082 trailer. If you're interested in a running start to building a camper, let's talk.

Just saying...

nayrbrellim

I have an S-280 that is completely stripped down and good to go; fits right in the back of the LMTV and then you can do your own camper build.

Shoot, I even have a 400w solar array, RV power center for 12v / 110v shore power, split A/C / heating unit, light fixtures, RV windows, shower pan, some fixtures etc. all new in box that I was going to use to build it into a camper on my M1082 trailer. If you're interested in a running start to building a camper, let's talk.

Just saying...
I am interested but a full camper build might be out of my wheel house of capabilities. I currently have a bobbed 5 ton, I wonder how well the S-80 would fit on that?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks