• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Local boy gearing up to swim DUKW to Portland MVPA

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought that all of you DUKW enthusiasts would enjoy watching this video the local news station recorded about John Ingleke, who is planning on swimming his DUKW down the Columbia river to the national MVPA rally in Portland this year.

In the most recent MVPA magazine, Steve Preston, mentions all of the DUKW related activities he is trying to weave into this years national convention, where activities straddle the mighty Columbia river.

Papabear will surely enjoy the fine footage of the DUKW crashing into the water at the bottom of the boat ramp.

All I can say/hope is "SOMEDAY". Enjoy.

http://www.kndu.com/story/21441076/world-war-ii-gmc-dukw-restored-in-benton-city#.UTFm_ojDEJg

I had posted more pictures of her in my parade thread from last years Benton City Days.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?95013-Benton-City-Daze-Benton-City-WA&highlight=benton

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I just can't take this anymore-I gotta get a DUKW.

Clintogf is going on eBay tonight, no reserve!

Amer-team

Time to bump this. Convention is 25 - 27 at the Portland Expo Center. We moved in 9 vehicles today, including one M18 Tank Destroyer and an M3 Stuart. There are over 175 vehicles registered for this event. Plus over a couple hundred sales tables. See you there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks