• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lodging for Jim Thorpe Show

glengar

20 Rooms blocked at COUNTRY INN&SUITES (Lehighton,PA right at PaTpke), same rate as for last Fall Gilbert Show..
Contact ROSEANN or CHERYL @610/379-5006
Tell them you're with the M/V Show-- you can use my name-
MY E-Mail is glengar@verizon.net
Tim CLARK

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Tim:
What part of Maryland are you in? Also welcome to Steel Soldiers I hope you find it as great a site as I do. So many friends and resources all on one site.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: Jim Thorpe show

sidewinder said:
When is the show? Where is it t in JT
February 22-23, 2008——Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania. Redball Military Vehicle
Club Swap Meet, Memorial Park Hall, East 10th St. Info: Scott or Joanne,

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: Jim Thorpe show

It is getting to be depressing thinking about shows like this as the first thing I do is find the milage to calculate the fuel cost. Very depressing. Oh it looks like it would be about $300 for me.

badgmc56

RE: Re: Jim Thorpe show

Gasoline and fuel costs are staggering.600.00 to Myrtle Beach and back to Connecticut towing an inclosed bike trailer with my pickup last year. It's getting to the point where flying is less expensive. Fuel costs will put a damper on my travels too this year.

surpdlr

glengar said:
20 Rooms blocked at COUNTRY INN&SUITES (Lehighton,PA right at PaTpke), same rate as for last Fall Gilbert Show..
Contact ROSEANN or CHERYL @610/379-5006
Tell them you're with the M/V Show-- you can use my name-
MY E-Mail is glengar@verizon.net
Tim CLARK
The phone # has changed to 610-379-5066

LOGGJAM

RE: Re: Lodging for Jim Thorpe Show

IM IN !!, this will be the first MV show for new to me Deuce, if anybody needs help w/directions etc. let me know i live 5 mins away from the hotel and ~25 away from memorial park, also the show starts at 8:00am

No.2Diesel

I'll be there as well on Saturday

Do you think there'll be doors and a hartop for a Deuce/5ton?

Hey LOGJAM. Your pretty close to Rausch Creek. You should join us in Oct. See the Rally threads for more info. My toilet has log jams all the time. :D

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Maybe the doors - doubtful on the hardtop. This is an indoor swap meet - last time I was a little disappointed as there was LOTS more surplus, collectables and doodads for sale than vehicle parts, and the majority of parts that were there were for jeeps, not the larger vehicles. Very few vehicles, except for the ones people commute there in. BUT, it is the first show of the year, so I make it a point to show up and get a few things I need. Probably cheaper to mail order them what with the price of fuel to drive there (even in a civvy vehicle) but what ya gonna do - I need an OD fix somehow!

jatonka

No.2 Diesel, I'll be at Jim Thorpe with my oil filter adaptors, lockout hubs for the M35 and I can bring doors and a hardtop with me if you want them. I have new Fiberglass hardtops and a used steel hardtop. The doors are rust free take offs or you can have NOS shells and put your goodies in them. I'll be there by Friday 10 am, will stay through Sunday noon. You can PM me or email to jatonka@telenet.net JT out

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jim Thorpe is a nice "indoor show".. You need to carry everything your bringing to sell up some stairs, down the hall and into the room. Carrying big heavy stuff is no fun, so alot of the vendors bring small items.

I'll have 2 towbars there, some water and fuel cans, and other oddball parts.. Lots of VRC 12 series radio install parts, cables, mounts, etc......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks