• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Long live the Landie

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, I would love to have one of those. I was hoping to get one of the Australian ones cheap, but that never materialized... Maybe with the next job.

Whiterabbit

You do need to be handy with the wrenches if you have one but I've been all over the East coast in my 78 MOD109. All back roads!
I need to trade it for a Lightweight, I got a lil trailer to haul all my camping crap in so now I need to down size to a Lightweight.
Ya'll need to attend the Oct. Georgia rally! The military Rover count is growing!! Last yr we had 2 109's,1 LW, 1 Forward control, and a Mog or 2!!!

100_2404.jpg100_2458.jpg

L1A1

Yeah the Aussie D110s are my favorite flavor of XMOD defender but they are expensive. I've been holding off in buying one of the UK trucks & shipping it over or a civi one already over here because I believe that if you're going to spend that kind of dough, than you should get exactly what it is you want & not settle.

Matt

L1A1

Ya'll need to attend the Oct. Georgia rally! The military Rover count is growing!! Last yr we had 2 109's,1 LW, 1 Forward control, and a Mog or 2!!!
Or the Va rally as it's only an hour away from me.....

Whiterabbit is absolutely correct. If you're going to own a LR get used to wrenching & collecting Lucas Electric jokes!

Matt

Whiterabbit

LOL! Mine's RHD too. You actually pass other cars n trucks on the road?? Braver man than I!!! The right hand drive makes it easy to check the mail box though it's a real pain to order at the drive thru!
Sweet lil' lightweight! Y'a want a 109?? Hahahaaa! Bring it to the rally! (or my house!)
The 110s are nice but I think they must have gold bricks in the bed! $$$$$$!

Heyitsmike

Nice! FC's are a rare sight in the US.
There's a few around if you look hard enough. There's only one other one I know of in MA though. I've loosely been trying to get a stateside Landy fc meetup going. I think it would be neat to meet and greet and networking is always a good thing when it comes to old rare vehicles.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At our inaugural "Guy Fawkes" rover meet in 2000 was all 101's, we had 5! Mine, one from outside NYC, one from Ottawa, a Vampire from out your way and one from NJ. We're in Upstate NY bye the way.

More recently, it's become an 'any Rover' event but I do try promote the leaf springers...

If you are up for a trip along the Mass Pike, you are very welcome to attend this year (Nov).

Whiterabbit

What? That world famous Lucas/Smith heater doesn't work? LOL!
I freeze my butt off in the 109 so I'm going to fab a "fume curtain" to help trap what little heat that comes out of the heater in cab.
New vinyl/PVC top coming from Blanchard too! (might actually stay dry inside)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks