• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

look at this find

joeypushjr1

ok check it out i was on ebay today and seen this.. this guy claims he dont know much about these trucks so one of yall might be able to get it cheap.. he close to me .. so i could possiabley lok at it for someone if need be .. but looks solid... oooopps sorry guys.. problem solved.. my bad knowledge is power. mistake wonte happen again

Last edited:

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Auction posting rule is for GL/GSA auctions. That may have changed, I have to find out.

On another note, I work in parma where the truck is. Looks very complete and nice in the pics, but I don't need another truck.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Posting ebay auction links is NOT OK(for the sake of promoting someone Else's item). We used to have a forum for it and it was abused so it no longer exists.

All ebay links go dead shortly after the auction ends, they waste space and are useless on our forums(after they close).

Posting a picture(yeah, a bit of work to copy and post), for the sake of discussion is fine, if it is special or rare.

There are several other "rules" that can apply to ebay auctions, so, unless you are the owner or a spokesperson for the item, or it is so rare you have never seen one before, it's probably best to NOT post it on SS.

btw, The rules were updated some time ago and the rules pertaining to ebay were mistakenly omitted. They may reappear someday.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
btw, The rules were updated some time ago and the rules pertaining to ebay were mistakenly omitted. They may reappear someday.

Yup, that will happen just after the interactive member map and the multiple picture upload update happens.

jasonjc

I thought there was a rule about odd or speical or some thing like that.

That truck needs to be saved!!!!!!!!
That is the most complete one I've seen!!!
It even has the hoses.

OK so does anyone need a kideny or some thing I need money fast!

Attachments

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I read the auction this part pinged my alarm:

"The pictures posted are from about 4 years ago. It had the hoses when it was parked at the storage."

The guy starts the auction with a $1,500 starting bid (and a reserve higher then that) and he can't bother to get current pics? Something is not right here. I would not place a bid till I saw the truck in person to make sure what condition it really is in.

Ruppster

Spook556

I got no dog in this fight, but alarm bells go off when I hear certain things on eBay and similar auction sites. Now it does happen that somebody will list something for a friend, but it is a way-too-easy method of dodging responsibility. Seems like nobody ever posts anything for themselves any more, it is always a friend or a neighbor. "Died of cancer" - well, folks die of cancer a lot, true, but that is just one more thing about this ad. If I were interested, I would either go and see it myself, or find somebody who lives or works there to go and check it out...

He "doesn't know much about these trucks" but at the same time (as was pointed out) he puts a 1500 buck starting bid and higher reserve when it sounds like he hasn't even started it - and states in bold and underlined that it is sold as is, no guarantees.

It could be an honest offering. But it is setting off every scam-artist eBay-chiseler alarm bell I have. Unless I, or someone I trust, could go there and check it out, see the title, see the hoses, start it, and make sure it is then guaranteed in writing to be sold and delivered in that same condition I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot boarding ladder.

-Spook

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks