• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a 4 Man Hard Top without the Turret Hole

Gamble

Hello All,

Does anyone have any experience with or know where I can find a quality 4 man steel hard top roof for an A2 series truck (M1045A2) WITHOUT the Turret hole?

Thanks

Gamble

I have one on my M1038 and build me a custom inner structure

View attachment 802715
View attachment 802716

I bought it from www.secoparts.net
That looks great! I saw what they had in their site but was concerned on the specs and wasn't sure if the roof was identical to OEM. Did you have any issues with fitment? Did your existing oem fasteners, nuts and bolts work with this top? Did you need any additional hardware?

Oh and lastly, do you have any additional pics?

Frost0071

That looks great! I saw what they had in their site but was concerned on the specs and wasn't sure if the roof was identical to OEM. Did you have any issues with fitment? Did your existing oem fasteners, nuts and bolts work with this top? Did you need any additional hardware?

Oh and lastly, do you have any additional pics?
Let me know what you want to see and I will make you a picture.

I would say the roof is OEM. The way how it is build and how it looks seems to be original.
My HMMWV was never a slant back so I completely build it by myself and bought me all the hardware new.
I also welded the dodgers on my windshield frame it was a pain to align but it worked and it fitted perfectly into the brackets from the sponsons.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just so you know, I just bought a 1990's civilian Hummer H1 for 35K with upgraded A/C, CTIS, 2 inch lift, Hummer Slantback placed aftermarket, CB radio, PA system and overhead console.

It would be California legal, but I live in another Communistic state on the other coast.

So your whole idea of purchasing a FMV because it is cheaper and easier to obtain is something you still have time to reconsider.

Seek and yea shall find sir.

FYI, and not meant as an attack.

Best,

T

Gamble

Just so you know, I just bought a 1990's civilian Hummer H1 for 35K with upgraded A/C, CTIS, 2 inch lift, Hummer Slantback placed aftermarket, CB radio, PA system and overhead console.

It would be California legal, but I live in another Communistic state on the other coast.

So your whole idea of purchasing a FMV because it is cheaper and easier to obtain is something you still have time to reconsider.

Seek and yea shall find sir.

FYI, and not meant as an attack.

Best,

T
Thank you for this. I haven't found one online worthwhile for under 60k. However, I'm way ahead of the game theoretically. I say theoretically because I haven't received it yet. Don't know what kind of gremlins exist with it yet. GP Lost my paperwork then afterwards submitted it late. At least they admitted it and gave me some cash back but I'm annoyed as shit. I'm going to buy those doors you referred me to in that x door thread.

Daves86

I have one on my M1038 and build me a custom inner structure

View attachment 802715
View attachment 802716

I bought it from www.secoparts.net
That looks great! Awesome job on the inner frame. Can you post pics of how your frame mounts at the B pillar? Looking at doing a 4 man hard top and looking at how other have done their setups while I try to learn/design how to do mine. Or advice on how you would do it different if you had to do it over. Thanks for posting what you did post!!!

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks great! Awesome job on the inner frame. Can you post pics of how your frame mounts at the B pillar? Looking at doing a 4 man hard top and looking at how other have done their setups while I try to learn/design how to do mine. Or advice on how you would do it different if you had to do it over. Thanks for posting what you did post!!!
Sue in OK did a really good job on one in his truck. There may be a build thread around here somewhere. Its worth having a look...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks