• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking for a pto for a 1973 m35

ssoturbo

i wanna put a hydraulic winch on my m35 any ideas where i can get a pto that i can mount a hydraulic pump to

mudguppy

anything other than the OEM winch drive PTO, it's difficult to find a PTO that bolts to the spicer trans. without knowing more about which trans the 3053 is similar to, it may be impossible to select a compatible PTO from someone like muncie.

otherwise, using the winch PTO to run a hyd pump may be required. if you could find a dual outlet transmission PTO (the one that has a thru-shaft for rear outlet) then you'd have greater flexibility and ease of mounting the hyd pump. or you'll have to get a transfer case PTO and use it to run the pump.

and when all else fails, get an engine-driven clutch pump - this would be the easier to adapt and can be had with large flow/displacement capabilities. they aren't cheap, but neither are PTOs + pump + driveshafts or chains/sprocket + your time.

do you already have the winch or are you adapting hydraulics to an existing winch?

ssoturbo

i have two 20,000 lb hydraulic winches one on the front and one on the rear just trying to figure out the easiest way to run a hydraulic pump off of a pto

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's some pics of my hyd pump running off of a transfer case PTO.

I'm getting ready to install a hyd pump off of a trans PTO for my uncle. The problem is, the output is facing the wrong way. To get around this (and not wanting to buy a dual output), I'm going to use a chain driving a jackshaft that will send the output beside the PTO and toward the back.

Mudguppy, Chelsea did make a PTO that fit the deuce trans but it has been obsolete for years. You may stumble upon one in a juckyard somewhere but that's about it as far as civilain PTOs go.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks