Looking for Essex A427 Load bank

serpico760

I have three load banks from my m313 trailer. I would like to sell them to recoup part of the cost of buying this trailer just for the box. Apparently they were used to test generators. I'm located in San Diego county California.
IMG_20221115_144006.jpg
IMG_20221115_143817.jpg
IMG_20221019_182511.jpgIMG_20221019_182506.jpg

serpico760

There should have also been a bigger, honking load bank in between the A427's. Is it still there?
I was wondering what was in between those originally no there's just an empty spot with some bolt holes where something used to be I thought it was probably a generator or something anyway I just have the three load banks

Deoje

I have three load banks from my m313 trailer. I would like to sell them to recoup part of the cost of buying this trailer just for the box. Apparently they were used to test generators. I'm located in San Diego county California.
View attachment 884397
View attachment 884396
View attachment 884394View attachment 884395
I'm interested in one of your load banks. I can't pm since I'm considered a new member. I have been away from the forum for a while and I don't post much.

Let me know if you have a price in mind and if you can ship to Georgia.

Thanks

87cr250r

Have you considered salt water load banks? If you're doing hospital generator sets you probably want the real deal but if your doing infrequent testing you can make a load bank with a couple or metal rods and a barrel.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Water heater elements work great for short run load testing. Where they don't work as well is for extended runs as needed to remove wetstacking or to troubleshoot problems that take longer to show up. The A427 also has the benefit of being able to dial in a precise load.

Guyfang

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We used the sea water method a few times, but safety personnel shut us down real fast. If you do generators for a living, buying a good load bank is a must. An A427 is a REAL fine set. But there are others. and they are safe.

serpico760

I'm interested in one of your load banks. I can't pm since I'm considered a new member. I have been away from the forum for a while and I don't post much.

Let me know if you have a price in mind and if you can ship to Georgia.

Thanks
Good morning and thank you for your request.
What I will do is list the load banks on eBay one at a time and see how they do. There's only one other one for sale anywhere on the internet that I found and that's on eBay and the guy wants almost $5,000 for it! I'm only going to ask a fraction of that price because I think that's kind of ridiculous. There's about to be a big storm rolling in and it'll rain for a week, then I have to assemble an old hoist I just got for my grandpa's house that he used to use for moving machinery so that I can lower them down from the trailer tongue one at a time and crate them. Therefore the soonest I would be able to ship would be about 2 weeks from now. Since I have the m1083 I can just bring them to whichever shipper in that and they can forklift it off. They are each on a sliding base of very heavy duty drawer slides, so they can be slid out and the doors open while being used.

Deoje

Good morning and thank you for your request.
What I will do is list the load banks on eBay one at a time and see how they do. There's only one other one for sale anywhere on the internet that I found and that's on eBay and the guy wants almost $5,000 for it! I'm only going to ask a fraction of that price because I think that's kind of ridiculous. There's about to be a big storm rolling in and it'll rain for a week, then I have to assemble an old hoist I just got for my grandpa's house that he used to use for moving machinery so that I can lower them down from the trailer tongue one at a time and crate them. Therefore the soonest I would be able to ship would be about 2 weeks from now. Since I have the m1083 I can just bring them to whichever shipper in that and they can forklift it off. They are each on a sliding base of very heavy duty drawer slides, so they can be slid out and the doors open while being used.

Ok thanks for the reply. Pm me a link if you think about it when you list it. If not I'll try to keep an eye out on eBay.

Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks