• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for gauge wiring diagram for 82 chevy 1 ton C30

ehuppert

So, my 1008 work truck project has received a parts boost. Bought a 82 Silverado C30 camper special for parts. In the midst of installing the gauge package but need to compare a civvy wiring diagram to the CUCV diagram (already have!) Would have liked to install the tachometer package, but a little pricey, especially when i already have the other one. So, if someone has the civvy gauge diagram portion, and could scan, or provide an electronic version it would be much appreciated

CUCV came with a unfinshed SBC conversion which i finalized. Then, tranny doesn't work. Previous mechanic didn't fill the new torque convertor with fluid and cooked it! ARGH. Should be rebuilt by the end of the week.

The owner of the parts truck had bought it for the low mileage 454 to replace his engine which had some idle issues. So, i ended up buying his 454 for $200! Wheeee.. Now, have to figure out whether i go 700r4, or f+r gear ratio changes! Next years project, new house and 30x30 shop comes first!

Thanks, Eric

ehuppert

CC,

Understand they're different... Easier to leave the "common", or correct wires and connect/solder wires to where they need to go. Haven't looked real close at connector wires, but normally you can remove the spade from the connector (with some care and patience). If that's the case i can flip wires as needed. Most of the components are the same, ie, fuel, oil, 4x4 ind, temp, etc etc, just wired different. Fuel in water wire will be terminated, etc

Did this years ago with a camaro. I'm older, wiser, and have a lot more patience! It's a PITA, but do-able! Just need the civvy diagram. Side note, Local Army guard OMS (worked at that Armory for 10 years, several active duty/AGR positions) had a extensive set of civvy manuals with wiring. Went in last week to copy, seems they put the whole set, probably 40 books, in the dumpster the week before as nobody wanted them...WAAAA

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks