Looking for M802a gauges

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

cbisson

I'm looking for 3 NOS or excellent condition gauges for a 2009 build date M802a.

Fuel level: part# 88-21103 NSN 6254-013-66-0193 (Beede)
Oil Pressure: part# 940109 NSN 6620-01-368-1531 (Beede)
Volt Meter: part# 72-5008 NSN 6625-01-038-6826

I haven't had any luck finding any of them so far. If anybody has any of the above for sale or knows of a source please let me know.

Thank you as always.

-Craig

Last edited by a moderator:

ClintA

You might check with Evil Dr.Porkchop, he had one scraped out at one point in time ? I have some off a 002a, let me know if they will work?

cbisson

You might check with Evil Dr.Porkchop, he had one scraped out at one point in time ? I have some off a 002a, let me know if they will work?
Thanks Clint. I was hoping to find NOS or excellent condition that were original to the machine but they seem to be scarce, or at least there are none for sale right now. I can't even find a set of aftermarket 24v Fuel, water temp, and oil pressure gauges where they all match.

The search continues!!

Guyfang

Your also are limiting yourself. The oil and fuel meter are used throughout the MEP-8** series. So you should not confine yourself to asking for MEP-802A. And there are more part numbers then the one you listed and the one I listed.

cbisson

Your also are limiting yourself. The oil and fuel meter are used throughout the MEP-8** series. So you should not confine yourself to asking for MEP-802A. And there are more part numbers then the one you listed and the one I listed.
Thanks Guyfang. I'm still looking. The only gauges I've found so far are water temp which is the 1 gauge I don't need, and the prices for those are crazy. 1 guy wants $115 and the other $275!!

I've even tried to find a fuel, oil press, and water temp set of aftermarket gauges thinking I'll replace them all so they match but I can't find a vendor that has all 3 in 24v.

The 72-5008 volt meter is proving to be hard to find as well.

Guyfang

Thanks Guyfang. I'm still looking. The only gauges I've found so far are water temp which is the 1 gauge I don't need, and the prices for those are crazy. 1 guy wants $115 and the other $275!!

I've even tried to find a fuel, oil press, and water temp set of aftermarket gauges thinking I'll replace them all so they match but I can't find a vendor that has all 3 in 24v.

I found an alternate part number, that is good for the fuel Gage, 945331. Looked that up in Epay. Found a like item. Looks just like ten million of these meters I changed over the years, BUT is NOT supposed to be the one from the 802A and 803A gen set. Could have fooled me. I do not see a difference. Was 89 bucks.

No luck right now on the oil gauge.

The volt meter. Found at least 10 alternate part numbers. Got a hit (631-18047) in Epay, on one of them. says new, opened box, but if its new, call me santa clause. Price was 200 bucks.

cbisson

I found an alternate part number, that is good for the fuel Gage, 945331. Looked that up in Epay. Found a like item. Looks just like ten million of these meters I changed over the years, BUT is NOT supposed to be the one from the 802A and 803A gen set. Could have fooled me. I do not see a difference. Was 89 bucks.

No luck right now on the oil gauge.

The volt meter. Found at least 10 alternate part numbers. Got a hit (631-18047) in Epay, on one of them. says new, opened box, but if its new, call me santa clause. Price was 200 bucks.
Thank you for taking the time to find those gauges! If only VDO made a matching oil pressure and water temp gauge to go along with the fuel gauge you found so I could buy all 3 and have a matching set. The volt meter is in the same category....I have one that works but it is not of the same style as the Hz and % load meters. My goal was to return the set to the way it came from Fermont in 2009. I soon realized that the Beede gauges were nowhere to be had so I resigned myself to non-Beede engine gauges but can't find a vendor that sells all 3 for 24v (Fuel, oil press, water temp) as a matching set.

Maybe the Military will start releasing NOS spare parts once they've purged the system of the TQG in favor of AAMPS?

Thanks again Guyfang.

-Craig

wildmann79

Thank you for taking the time to find those gauges! If only VDO made a matching oil pressure and water temp gauge to go along with the fuel gauge you found so I could buy all 3 and have a matching set. The volt meter is in the same category....I have one that works but it is not of the same style as the Hz and % load meters. My goal was to return the set to the way it came from Fermont in 2009. I soon realized that the Beede gauges were nowhere to be had so I resigned myself to non-Beede engine gauges but can't find a vendor that sells all 3 for 24v (Fuel, oil press, water temp) as a matching set.

Maybe the Military will start releasing NOS spare parts once they've purged the system of the TQG in favor of AAMPS?

Thanks again Guyfang.

-Craig
I've been using these for the past couple of years. They are cheap, work well and easily available. They dont matchs, but I like the hot rod look of them.

Attachments

wildmann79

I've been using these for the past couple of years. They are cheap, work well and easily available. They dont matchs, but I like the hot rod look of them.
These all seem to work with the sending units on the generators, but you can get the sending units for under 25 bucks to match.

wildmann79

Here's an OEM unit, pretty cheap too.

cbisson

Here's an OEM unit, pretty cheap too.
Thank you for looking wildman79...but...I guess I haven't been clear in my posts. The one good Beede gauge I have is the water temp gauge.

I need a Beede Fuel gauge, and a Beede oil pressure gauge.

Having not been able to find them I started looking at other manufacturers. Like VDO for instance, they have a fuel gauge but I can't find a matching VDO 24v oil pressure gauge or a matching VDO 24v water temp gauge.

I want all 3 gauges to match so if I could find a vendor that has all 3 in 24v I would replace all 3, including my working Beede water temp gauge.

wildmann79

Thank you for looking wildman79...but...I guess I haven't been clear in my posts. The one good Beede gauge I have is the water temp gauge.

I need a Beede Fuel gauge, and a Beede oil pressure gauge.

Having not been able to find them I started looking at other manufacturers. Like VDO for instance, they have a fuel gauge but I can't find a matching VDO 24v oil pressure gauge or a matching VDO 24v water temp gauge.

I want all 3 gauges to match so if I could find a vendor that has all 3 in 24v I would replace all 3, including my working Beede water temp gauge.
The water guage I posted has matching oil and fuel guages available too. Just go to the amazon links and look around at the guages. There is also a matching voltage guage, but its only good to 18v. There are some voltage guages that are very close and would look fine that go to 32v. These all use the same universal sending units, like a boat or old chevy truck. Just make sure your oil pressure guage is a 0-80psi guage (240ohms@ 0psi, and 103ohms @ 40psi, and 33ohms@ 80psi sending unit) and water should be 100°-240° (450ohms @ 100° and 99ohms @ 175° and 29.6ohms @ 250°) Fuel level sending unit is also 240-33ohms. If you use a guage that is a wider range, you will need the appropriate sending unit. Knowing these specs, you can search out any guage that works with the ratings. I also remember a guy on here selling all digital guages a while back. They looked pretty good too. I hope this helps.

cbisson

The water guage I posted has matching oil and fuel guages available too. Just go to the amazon links and look around at the guages. There is also a matching voltage guage, but its only good to 18v. There are some voltage guages that are very close and would look fine that go to 32v. These all use the same universal sending units, like a boat or old chevy truck. Just make sure your oil pressure guage is a 0-80psi guage (240ohms@ 0psi, and 103ohms @ 40psi, and 33ohms@ 80psi sending unit) and water should be 100°-240° (450ohms @ 100° and 99ohms @ 175° and 29.6ohms @ 250°) Fuel level sending unit is also 240-33ohms. If you use a guage that is a wider range, you will need the appropriate sending unit. Knowing these specs, you can search out any guage that works with the ratings. I also remember a guy on here selling all digital guages a while back. They looked pretty good too. I hope this helps.

Do the gauges need to be specifically for use with a 24v system?

wildmann79

Do the gauges need to be specifically for use with a 24v system?
They do work with 24v, the instructions tell you to change the light bulb to a 24v bulb. One of the pictures of the guage says 24v ready. I have not had any issues with them not working. Most of this stuff is good to about 32v.

wildmann79

They do work with 24v, the instructions tell you to change the light bulb to a 24v bulb. One of the pictures of the guage says 24v ready. I have not had any issues with them not working. Most of this stuff is good to about 32v.
Most of the gauges out there will go up to 32v, even though they say 12v.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks