• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for Medium Maintenance Tent TM

Radiogeek99

Just Another Guy
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just picked one of these up, it has a few broken parts and I am looking for the TM to find the part numbers. I've searched and have found threads of people talking about them, but no one has uploaded the TM that I could find. Thanks.

Radiogeek99

Just Another Guy
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks alot!! The frame and canvas is in good condition, but some of the connector pieces on the curved sections are broken. I guess it was not anchored properly and took a ride in the wind.

m816

That tent doesn't blow away with wind. I lost mine due to excess snow load. When it busted, it broke at the connections. If you need any canvas sections, I saved all the sections. The vynl seemed to hold up better than the canvas sections.I had to scrap all the frame pieces.Too bad, but they just were not repairable. Vinny

Sorsofyas

Hi I have the same tent that broke blown with the wind, cannot find parts for it. Thinking about welding it but I am afraid taking a risk with magnesium. Any suggestion? Thanks Charlie
Maintenance Tent.jpgMaintenance Tent (2).jpg

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Mine did the same thing in Jan, the only magnesium part is the snapped part and it's supposed to do just that. Knock out the roll pins on one side, pull the pin on the other side, put the 2 hunks back together and trace it out on oak use a band saw to cut them out. Make sure you remember how they came out of the frame, with the oak in the frame drill holes through the wood a tad smaller than the roll pins, then drive them back in and you will be good to go. When you put it back up use 2' stakes on the arch pads and use cable and ground anchors on each arch, anchor.JPG don't need a jack hammer to place them. You and I didn't read that part of the manualaua.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?119071-Tent-gone-wild!&highlight=

Last edited:

NEIOWA

Mine did the same thing in Jan, the only magnesium part is the snapped part and it's supposed to do just that. Knock out the roll pins on one side, pull the pin on the other side, put the 2 hunks back together and trace it out on oak use a band saw to cut them out. Make sure you remember how they came out of the frame, with the oak in the frame drill holes through the wood a tad smaller than the roll pins, then drive them back in and you will be good to go. When you put it back up use 2' stakes on the arch pads and use cable and ground anchors on each arch, View attachment 481800 don't need a jack hammer to place them. You and I didn't read that part of the manualaua.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?119071-Tent-gone-wild!&highlight=
How did this plan work out for you? I also had same failure on 2 tents. Broke at the connectors of lower/intermediate segment during a heavy/wet snow freeze/thaw in Feb about 3 yrs ago. We had canvas (not nylon) covers) to which the snow stuck and absorbed water/froze. I think nylon would be much better allowing snow to slide off. Frames were staked but no guylines. I think the guylines are mostly for wind tiedown would keep the frame from flexing/breaking.

Have lots of parts could recycle. Did the oak connectors work out for you? (ALL the frame material is magnesium, pretty sure welding would be a bad idea).

Now faced with setting up a tent for local Emergency Management Agency for trailer storage so want to be smarter than the 1st go around.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The frame is aluminum only the male slide in part that breaks is Mg, we ended up only doing a couple in Ipe as a friend had some left over from a deck. It turned out to be an all day job to drive the roll pins out to replace with wood. We ended up putting the broken parts back in with lots of epoxy, it only took a little while to figure out which one came from where. I sold it but it is still up and going strong, I used some camo net poles to push up from the inside to get the snow off, also I lucked out and got some vinyl bill boards that I used like flys on the top and the wet snow pretty much slid off of them.

Guyfang

Staff member
That tent doesn't blow away with wind. I lost mine due to excess snow load. When it busted, it broke at the connections. If you need any canvas sections, I saved all the sections. The vynl seemed to hold up better than the canvas sections.I had to scrap all the frame pieces.Too bad, but they just were not repairable. Vinny
In 1974, I watched a tent just like this one, but much longer, take off in the wind. It rolled over 6-7 times before it hit the perimeter fence, jumped the fence and proceeded to destroy itself on the Bamberg, Germany Airfield. We had winds in excess of 110 Klicks and hour. AND it was anchored down. AND had a small sand bag wall around it. Never say never.

Guyfang

Staff member
When the Mobile home I was sleeping in started to rock back and forth, I bailed out, just in time to see the tent go on its last ride. There was a lot of hot wind going around that night!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks