• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking for real on road weight specs for a m1102 trailer ?

sweetk30

long time member some time poster . nice to see the site still going strong .

i got a m1102 trailer that was just a frame with a plate on the deck and fenders . i was planning to pop a pickup dump insert on it for a home made dump trailer on the cheep . it is a 8lug on 37" h1 rims / tires unit also .

what would the true on road max weight be ? i recall people over the years saying all military stuff is 1/2 spec off road rated so on road it can haul 2x as much .

i figured i better ask here first as you guys and gals are the PRO'S on these items . thanks for any help and again love this site for the info and pics and projects .

Jeepadict

Food for thought:

Wether Uncle Sam under-rated the capacities or not, the GVWR stamped on the tongue tag is the legal disclosure of what the manufacturer says it can safely weigh and stop fully loaded. This is often discarded in the non-CDL world, and is a moot point for most folks most days...but overloaded beyond the manufacturered GVWR becomes a very hot topic post-fatality accidents. Nobody knows what will happen around the next turn, so that's my urge to stay within the ratings.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks