• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for USAF truck pics

Towerguy1

Looking for pics of older USAF trucks with the Strata Blue paint scheme. Mostly interested in the M35's but other older trucks are fine. Once my current one is finished Im thinking about restoring an Air Force M35 If I can get one. Dont need pics of "current issue" vehicles.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wished I could provide pics but I can't. I'm certain that my M108 was air force. The base color everywhere is Strata Blue. Paint on the axles, under the body and even behind the dash that I removed, all strata blue. Pity I hate blue, this truck will not return to blue.

carguy455

True Blue

I got Towerguy1 going on this again by draggin him to that forestry junkyard, many of those older M35's were blue under the forestry green paintjobs, had "flightline" stickers inside the cabs, etc. Got him all worked up !

I want to build a USAF M37 so I am just as bad !!!

patch

Hey Gary, I musta missed something here- where's this junkyard? Not Schott's back 40, is it? I think I need to take a trip up there....

carguy455

patch said:
Hey Gary, I musta missed something here- where's this junkyard? Not Schott's back 40, is it? I think I need to take a trip up there....
Look in the gallery under "Government Waste"..we went "tresspassing" into a Maine Forstry junkyard out in the woods to do a little photo recon work. Cant get ANYTHING out of there until if/when they have a auction, and the salvage dealers DOMINATED the last one a few years back, had to put down a big certified check to even BID [ like a house auction ].

I took the risk just so all the guys that appreciate green iron could see the stuff.

CGarbee

Take a look at Ed's M37 on my website at:
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/photos35.htm

I'd tell you to look at photos of my 1983 M35A2C since it is an ex-USAF truck, but it was painted in three color camo when I got it... It is a tactical truck... Took a lot of photos and measurements from the "tower signals to control airdrome trafic" sticker on the dash for Rick Larsen so that he could reproduce them and the truck has the USAF numbers under the hood, but otherwise, it looks like any other from the outside...

Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks