• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for xm211 excavator info

ODdave

I am looking for info on the xm211 excavator.

weight?
reach of boom?
what engine is in the boom?
total length?
wheel base?
ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW?

There is one 140mi from me that dose not run. I would love to biuld a xm35 excavator out of it !

Help would be great on this guys, If this dosnt happen the m35 is destin for the bobber and I think it would be much nicer with a scoop on it!

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G749 Excavator details

Overlordofmars may be your best source. I tried to dig it out of the net but couldn't spend much time.

We just got 5 inches of rain overnight so most of my job-sites are flooded. Maybe I can sneak away later and "dig" a little info up on it.
Let us know if you find something, G749 truck trivia info is addictive.

ODdave

Yea, I sent him a pm a few days ago but no response. I think I am going to buy the truck either way I was just hoping for some info. Thanks.

Gunfreak25

IS IT A GMC OR AN M35 EXCAVATOR?????

If it is indeed an M211 (GMC) excavator is the last one in existence according to overlordofmars here. Buy first ask questions later. Go quickdraw status on your wallet and slap the guy with hundred dollar bills. Then post pics. :beer:

Gunfreak25

That be what overlordofmars has. 44,000lbs if I recall with a beefed up frame and 30mph max speed. Alfa Heaven has/had one sweet M211 crane conversion that weighs the same. These trucks are truly amazing tough. If you combine the thickness of the rear leaf springs on each side they are roughly the equivalent of the 5 ton spring pack's. Just tough as nails trucks guys.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
44K ! :shock::shock::sad:

That is not good. Are you shure about that weight? The owner said he wheel lifted it with a medium duty wrecker and it towed fine.
The weight sounds about right . It should have a beefed up frame and springs and probably 20,000 pounds into the excavator section , it's a big heavy counterwieght on it.

Gunfreak25

Man that sucks, I am glad I posted that info up for ya! The weight is spot in, overlordofmars told me he ran it across a scale and that's what she came in at. He had a BIG wrecker tow his home. The driver was a young idiot who against his direction lifted the front end up too much and the trucks weighed ended up blowing out some old rear tires on the journey home.

I would tow a deuce with my GMC any day but not one that weighs more than a 5 ton wrecker.

XJ01-08

Dang someone else found it lol. I saw it a day after it was posted, but your lucky I don't really have the time to work on it. I probably would of got it by now if all the lowboys at work weren't busy. Good someone else on here found it though.

ODdave

Yea, went and looked at it about 3 hours ago...... NO way it weighs 44k, It was originaly a m135. There is not a "heavy frame" it only has a 4in section of frame above the original and an aditional set of leafs piggybacked on the bump stops above the originals. It would be an easy swap onto a m35.

Im going to pass, the truck is quite rough and the boom has been bent. Poor patch job repairing it and the pins are WHIPPED !

If the scoop was tight & not bent I would have payed his price but its just not worth it to me.

Good luck to anyone that wants it.

ODdave

Was he firm on his price? Would be neat but with what you said it seams like itll be a bit of work.
Said 1700 was the lowest he would go. I told him 14 is tops for me, by the time I pay 6-8 to get it home its just not worth it. Seemed to have pissed him off so I just said bye.

There is just too much missing and you might as well count on both engines and the trans being bad. Hes not very knolegable about these trucks (add says its a multi fuel) Also the cylinders are rusty and all of the hydro lines are beond shot. It really sucks but what can you do, I love rare trucks and this would be really neet next to my M46 but its just to far gone. If it wasnt bent and cracked it would be mine......:-(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks