• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking to champher my rear a3 wheels so i dont have to flip hubs

6x6junkie

hey guys looking to cut the champher in my a3 wheels on the rear of my m35a2 has anybody done this? just wondering how they line up with the stock box .i have the 395s mounted and ready to go dont like the way the dish looks on them and they are not even with the box ocording to my calculations looks like a 15 deg chamfer pics and info whould greatly be apreciated

DUECE-COUPE

flipping the hubs is not that hard, and once done, it is over with, kinda like a over 40 physical, seams like a lot to go through, but it will be better when you are done.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the end it's going to be a matter of preference. Look at the bulk of 5 tons with super singles. None have flipped hubs. The offset of the A3 wheels will not keep them in the same track when flipped but most 4x4s don't share the same track from front to rear anyways.

6x6junkie

yea i know the hubs aint bad to flip. i just like them to line up with the box in the back and the dish does look better out and also a little more stable with the wider stance . that is my preferance. i was just wondering if it can be done

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The champher tool is going to be the big expense being as large as it is!
I know from a few times I was building some 4x4's I needed a reaming tool. That one was $125-ish. And the one needed to ream that lug hole would easily be twice that size.

MrM4

Have a local machine shop do it, shouldn't be a big deal. I had a local shop do my HEMMET adaptor plates and they punched in the bolt pattern and depth of cut. Done in a couple hours.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks