• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking to move my CUCV-II, 2 door, long bed from San Antonio, TX to Florida.

Stonepicker1

I have a CUCV-II sitting in San Antonio, TX that needs to make its way to south Florida. Truck needs to be trailered.

I can't get off of Military duty now until late June or July. So me making the trip out to TX and back won't happen anytime soon. :-(

If anyone can move it this way let me know.

Attachments

Jeepsinker

I would flat tow it to you with my deuce, but i don't see any tow points. I do have a friend with a gooseneck trailer that is all over the southern states and lives in Florida that may be able to bring it to you. I'll see if he can swing it or if he is even getting over that way.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are tow points under the bumper. Regular 1" pin feet fit just fine.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just helping out with the knowledge I have about the truck.

I do know that the two front tires are bad. The rears should be okay.

Being 4x4, the transfer case can be put in neutral.

Stonepicker1

It could be flat towed with a Med tow-bar with the 1" feet. It would need the two front tires replaced because they are bad. Reg CUCV or Chevy 8 lug will work.

Movement anywhere east will help.

Jeepsinker

Just so happens that I have a couple of extra CUCV tires and rims I could bolt on and I have to go over around Spring Texas soon anyway in the deuce, so I could pick it up for you and at least get it heading east. I'm not sure if I can bring it all the way to Florida for you but I will if I have time. Funny enough, I'm bringing CUCV 1 parts to a member over there.

Stonepicker1

Just so happens that I have a couple of extra CUCV tires and rims I could bolt on and I have to go over around Spring Texas soon anyway in the deuce, so I could pick it up for you and at least get it heading east. I'm not sure if I can bring it all the way to Florida for you but I will if I have time. Funny enough, I'm bringing CUCV 1 parts to a member over there.

Airbornebandsman has it stored on base right now. I don't want to get him in trouble storing it for so long. I know how those MP's are with untagged vehicle's on base.

Sounds good "Jeepsinker". If you can help in getting it closer that would be a big help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks