• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

losing power in my m1009

84cucv1ton

truck is stock. just went over it and put it back on the road. few days back felt like i was losing power. everything seemed ok. late last night going up a hill. 1 gear, kinda high rpm. did only about 15mph. so got off the main road and was towed home.

was thinking i might not be getting fuel. seems to idle fine, but put some load on the motor and it bogs

ideas??

thanks

CCATLETT1984

old diesel could have algae in it, and thus clog the fuel filter or the pickup screen inside the tank.

But I'd lean towards the transmission unless you are having idling issues/running issues with the truck in neutral.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I had a jeep that would randomly slow down almost to a crawl while engine rpm went high. Turned out to be a clogged trans filter would starve the tarnny of fluid. Serviced the trans with new fluid and a filter and never happened again. I would definately start with new fuel, fuel filter and servicethe trans.

84cucv1ton

well, the th400 was a pint low. that it. just might change fluid so i know its done. next i am draining the tank. see how that goes. change the filter too

84cucv1ton

well, no luck yet. thought it was ok. took a 1 1/2 drive. took me 3 hours to get there. mid way it happened again. sucked!! so im going to take another look in the am.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks