• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lost posts?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
2 months ago a thread you posted a few times on, was deleted by the original poster .

I undeleted it, I have no idea why he deleted it.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does this also explain why my Uncle Samuel occasionally pays about $20,000 for a HAMMER that you or I could pick up for about $10 at Home Depot?

Jus' wunnerin' - Is sum-buddy cookin' the books?

rofl
Uncle does such things to pay for "black" projects. If you remember in the past, most of the $600 toilet seats, screwdrivers, etc. were bought through Lockheed. This was to pay for the F-117 stealth program. The Gubmint has to show that they paid the right amount of money to Lockheed, but not show what they paid for. The 'baddies' can tell a lot about a program by how much you spend on it.

Cheers

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Uncle does such things to pay for "black" projects. If you remember in the past, most of the $600 toilet seats, screwdrivers, etc. were bought through Lockheed. This was to pay for the F-117 stealth program. The Gubmint has to show that they paid the right amount of money to Lockheed, but not show what they paid for. The 'baddies' can tell a lot about a program by how much you spend on it.

Cheers
Is this why in the past the when mil. was asked about a STEALTH aircraft program, the answer was that you are full of crap, there is no such program

JDToumanian

When I used to hear people talk about the government spending $600 on a toilet seat, I would say, "Sure... The Space Shuttle has a very expensive, specialized toilet seat."

The same could be said for the hammer.... Are we sure it's just a regular wood handled claw hammer or is it some stainless steel slide hammer to remove rivets from the Hubble Space Telescope?

Sheesh, I can't believe I'm playing devil's advocate on Government waste. :cookoo:

Jon

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks