• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Low air warning switch options

Menaces Nemesis

"Little Black Truck" Conservator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got done "fixing" my old low air switch because it was leaking again. Last time it really was full of years-o-crud. This time it was clean inside, but the hex ring holding the contact/diaphragm came a little loose and caused the leak. It's very simple to work on, but I'd rather avoid the contorting it takes to get the thing back up on the firewall and reconnected. The new style ones seem to be a bit pricey ($70)... Has anyone here changed out their deuce low air switch to an aftermarket one? maybe something like this $15 bendix 228750 model?
s-l500.jpg
I'm so happy with the way my $13 aftermarket flasher relay is working, I'm hoping there is a less-expensive reliable option for the low air switch that someone here has had good luck with.

Last edited:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While I have not replaced THAT air pressure switch, I did use a civy modern replacement for the air brake light switch and it has held up for over four yesrs now ($15 and goddarn ugly, just like the one in your pic). So, I'd say go right ahead - if you find a switch that triggers at the right pressure (60psi) and screws in fine, you should be all set to go! Post a part number/source/price.

Menaces Nemesis

"Little Black Truck" Conservator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm hoping this latest volley will keep the old one working for a much longer stretch this time, but next time it starts hissin', it's getting replaced with something like the one in the OP!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks