• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Low/no oil pressure

charlesmann

Months ago, i noticed my oil psi was getting low according to the gauge. After months of not running, Yesterday, i started it up and noticed the psi at 0, but would start climbing, the more throttle i gave it.

Today, after finishing up the new muffler delete instal, i fired it up and the oil psi gauge was fluctuating then to 0. I messed with the wire at the sending unit, which i thought bc it came off easy, maybe that was the issue. But after tightening the terminal, i then had 0 psi no matter rpm. I installed a mech gauge and i was showing 60ish + psi.

Do these sending units just take a crap or could it be in the wiring? Do any of ya’ll have a p/n for a sending unit from a box store parts house?

charlesmann

They are junk and all known to be inaccurate.

Stewart Warner 279A sender

Napa 7012374

I would go with a Detroit diesel VDO mechanical gauge.
Many thanks. I went to advance auto a d got the mechanical just to troubleshoot. $20 is a lot cheaper than $5000 for an overhaul on the suspicion it was a sender, and not the oil pump.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Wes, where do you get the parker pushlok fittings and hose? Can you buy that at a local parts store, or do you get it online?
Go to Hufco in Conroe.

You need
-1/8NPT to #4 male JIC x 2
-#4 female JIC to 1/4" hose barb push lok × 2
- 5ft of 1/4" pushlok hose.
-1/8 pipe female bushing or 1/4 female to 1/8 female reducer bushing. Depending on what the gauge end is. It can be 1/4 or 1/8"

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Whatever internal combustion engine I ever have had I look at the oil pressure first, no pressure than shut her down. Can spin bearings on no pressure. Then it cost much labor and lots of money.
Oil pressure FIRST.

Deuce1/2

Just use parker pushlok fittings and hose with JIC on the block and gauge side.
I have the same oil pressure gauge issue, fluctuating and down to "0" at idle. What about dial lighting with the Detroit Diesel mechanical gauge? Does this work with our 24v systems? Any info helps. Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks