• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lower radiator hose

jimmcld

All the search functions seem to be down. Does anyone know off the top of their head what the NAPA number is for the deuce lower radiator hose?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1. Upper Radiator Hose, Diameter - 2", Length - unknown, Cross Ref - NAPA 24032.
2. Lower Radiator Hose, Diameter - 2", Length - unknown, Cross Ref - NAPA 20611 Gates 7759 or 7372?
3. Hose from Waterpump to Oil Cooler Pipe, Diameter - 2", Length - unknown, Cross Ref - N/A (straight single diameter hose).
4. Hose from Oil Cooler Pipe to Oil Cooler, Diameter - 2", Length - unknown, Cross Ref - N/A
5. Hose from Water pump to Thermostat Housing, Diameter - 2", Length - unknown, Cross Ref - N/A
6. Rear Hose for Water Manifold, Diameter 1.75", Length - unknown, Cross Ref - N/A.
7. Front hose for Water Manifold, Diameter - 1.75", Length - unknown, Cross Ref - N/A.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Google?

jimmcld

Maybe it is my computer at work. I even posted a "thank you" here that never showed up.

I looked at all of the threads in the search results, but whenever I would click on one of the links, it would take me back to the main page.

Sorry if I upset anyone for asking a question that has been asked before. I was tryine really hard to find the information before the parts store closed and I was getting nowhere fast.

Our club is hauling 22, 4000lb concrete blocks first thing in the morning, to be used to help support the walls of the 90 year old school house that we are restoring and our deuce is going to be the primary hauler. It would have let a bunch of people down if I could not have gotten it fixed before morning.

Again, thanks for the quick reply. Mission accomplished. Now we can start hauling blocks first thing in the morning.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So in roughly four hours you asked a question and got it answered. That sounds good to me.

Good luck on moving the blocks.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like a worthy mission! Please post pics of the truck working!

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would avoid the napa hoses. They can and do work, with some trimming, but are not bent right. If you do use one, be sure that it is not touching anything, that will eventually cause a leak. Also removing the lower alternator bracket and alternator will make it much easier to install.

The stock hoses fit much better. I ordered a couple from saturn surplus, and replaced the napa hoses on my trucks.

deathrowdave

I used an off the shelf hose from an F350 but did not wright down the year or engine size. Had to trim about 1 inch off the ends( 2 inches total ). Has worked fine not hitting anything . I think there were hose numbers on the cross reference on this sight . Good luck , I will try to locate part #. (Paid about 9 bucks for the hose )

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DD, the napa hose number was posted in post # 2

Heavysteven

I purchased all but my lower hose from McMaster. 2" dia hose about 3' long really nice hose. The lower I got from OD Iron.

What a pain getting that lower hose on. When I replaced mine I took the radiator out to be rebuilt and replaced the thermostat. There is a good thread called "while the radiator is out".

jimmcld

I used the NAPA hose. It had to be cut off about two inches on one end and about one inch on the other. Also, the bend wasn't quite right, but it worked and we were able to get it changed in about an hour and a half. It is a pain, but it can be done and the deuce was ready this morning to haul concrete blocks. In fact, with our two deuces, we hauled a little over 80,000 lbs of blocks. It did take more than one trip.

Thanks again for the hose numbers.

Amnon

I got my lower hose from Eriks and the other 2" hoses from NAPA.
Was the lower hose NEW or NOS? After replacing the injection pump on the Deuce yesterday, right before putting the radiator back on, I noticed the lower hose which I replaced a couple of years ago was cracked to the point that I just can't trust it. It was one that I got on eBay from one of the dealers, and was NOS. I'd like to get something NEWER than NOS if they are available from anywhere.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was the lower hose NEW or NOS? After replacing the injection pump on the Deuce yesterday, right before putting the radiator back on, I noticed the lower hose which I replaced a couple of years ago was cracked to the point that I just can't trust it. It was one that I got on eBay from one of the dealers, and was NOS. I'd like to get something NEWER than NOS if they are available from anywhere.
They are new not NOS.
Good luck!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks