LTT-HC style generator trailer

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure who made them, but just bought an M116 trailer, it's a 3/4 ton flatbed same as the M101's from a dealer in SE Colorado that has maybe 20 of them sitting around.
m116A3 is the model I'm wanting with HMMWV wheels and surge brake. I want to set an S788 shelter on it. Thanks.

Edit....first choice is the LTT-HC, second is the m116A3. Third is to fix and reinforce what I have.

Last edited:

SgtMajHarper

Mine is an A2 from the data plate, it has surge brakes and HMMWV wheels and tires on it, I'm pretty sure all of them in his lot were that way, some were flat beds looked like for generators or welders, some others had no floor at all, they were open between the wheel wells and a couple others had all kinds of other frame work mounted on the bed like it held equipment or for stringing wire maybe? I can get a picture of mine if you want to see if it would work....I'm not pushing this at you, but the guy has like I said somewhere @ 20 of just this model of trailer sitting around.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks.....I wish he was closer. I don't need much framework but want good tires, maybe a spare or two. How much $$$$$$ did he charge?

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
SgtMajHarper...thanks.

Does the 116 A2 have a torsion axle or use springs? For that matter, what about the A3? I thought the A3 was torsion, but am not sure.

Jeepadict

SgtMajHarper...thanks.

Does the 116 A2 have a torsion axle or use springs? For that matter, what about the A3? I thought the A3 was torsion, but am not sure.
Both have multi-leaf springs. Similar axle, tho tge A3 is wider and has is notched for more ground clearance

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What model of gen trailer uses the torsion axle like the 1101/2 but is just a frame and wheel wells ?

SgtMajHarper

SgtMajHarper...thanks.

I "think" I read somewhere that maybe the A3 also has maybe another leaf or two added to it........or maybe that was something else? Sometimes after reading so much "stuff" about all of this my agent orange kicks in and I confuse myself.CIMG2902.JPG

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The trailer the OP inquired about has a higher payload rating than a standard M116A2 or M116A3. The LTT-HC has a payload of 3,025 pounds according to this website:

I am aware that some of the M116 trailers were modified to add an additional two leaves to the spring packs to increase their payload capacity to 3,000 pounds.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Correct, some of the m116a2 that I know of had extra leafs and capacity. They usually have an additional data plate for the mod in addition to the stock ones. My m101a2 that came from RRAD was like that. Don't know what was in the bed but I must have had $40 of grade 8 and stainless hardware loose in the bed. No need to make extra drain holes :)

Looking at one of my old posts here I found, it is a M116A1E1 for the capacity

If needed I can post a pic of the plate and specs?

Last edited:

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The trailer the OP inquired about has a higher payload rating than a standard M116A2 or M116A3. The LTT-HC has a payload of 3,025 pounds according to this website:

I am aware that some of the M116 trailers were modified to add an additional two leaves to the spring packs to increase their payload capacity to 3,000 pounds.

YES.......that is it! Called the LTT Heavy chassis by Schutt. THAT Is what I'm looking for. Thanks to moderator for putting correct name in first post......yea.....one of those.

Jeepadict

YES.......that is it! Called the LTT Heavy chassis by Schutt. THAT Is what I'm looking for. Thanks to moderator for putting correct name in first post......yea.....one of those.
I know exactly where this is and I know the owner personally. I think this is your money!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, thats it. Thanks jeepadict.

I didn't expect such a high price. Maybe somebody needs it $4k bad. It's out of my price range.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks