LU4 WINCH

John G

lu4 winch on my m37. Replaced flat head with 318 motor and New Process 435 transi.
If anyone has any information on converting LU4 winch to electrical on the m37 .
I would greatly appreciate this information .

John Mc

Mounting an electric winch is simple on a non-winch M37 bumper. Just cut a hole in it for the cable and bount a fairlead to it. (I may know someone here in VT who would be willing to sell an M37 non-winch bumper.) You will not need the frame extensions which were added to accommodate the LU-4 winch. As a bonus, there are folks out there looking for the winch bumper parts, so you would have an easy time selling them. (I also know someone who would probably be interested in your LU4 winch, PTO, Winch Bumper and Frame extensions.)

The original electrical system is marginal on an M37 if you want to do anything but light, infrequent winching with an electric winch. You may also want to look into a hydraulic winch. I believe MileMarker (and probably others) makes some that run off a power steering pump. I can;t recall if the 435 transmission has a provision for a PTO output or not. If it does, but getting a mechanical hook up to the LU4 wont work, you would use the PTO to drive a hydraulic pump for a hydraulic winch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks