• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-1009 Jack Hold Downs

Shankem-Deep

I have the jack, handle, and lug wrench but i'm missing the hold down brackets and wing nuts. Does anyone know where I could buy some? I checked ebay. Could someone take some detailed pics of the hold downs and maybe give me some dimensions so I could make some? Any help is appreciated!!!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this for a M1009 or your M1008?

Have you looked in the TM parts manual? while it doesn't give dimensions it will give you an idea where everthing goes

Shankem-Deep

M1009, I looked in the TM. I just need the hold downs, or the dimensions to make them. I may resort to trail and error if I can't come across some.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll check my stash. I may have some.

the jack goes under the passenger seat and the tools go behind the spare tire. Which one do you need?

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any junk yards in your area? If I remember correctly the brackets are the same as the civvy units. I'll compare them to my Burb brackets.

We have a Pull-A-Part here in OKC. If they are the same, I'll grab some next time I head down there for parts. (usually at least twice a month)

cpf240

Most of the hold-downs came with my truck - I think one is missing behind the spare tire. What didn't come with the truck is any of the things they are supposed to be holding down! From what I've seen when looking on ebay, those hold-downs must be made of titanium or something.

ssdvc

Those jack and jack handle hold-downs are way too expensive. I'd love to see a less expensive (and well built) option out there (hint).

ssdvc

If I had a set I would send them to you in a heartbeat !!!!!!!!! Hopefully someone is sitting on a set that they don't need for a little while.

Shankem-Deep

I appreciate that! I keep checking ebay for a decent price but no luck yet. I've checked the local yards but none to be had. It's not the top of my priority list since i'm swapping transmissions right now. I should wrap that up by this weekend though.

ssdvc

Hey, shankem, let me know how much for a set of them if you decide to make a few pairs up. Count me in for a set.

Shankem-Deep

Hey, shankem, let me know how much for a set of them if you decide to make a few pairs up. Count me in for a set.

Warthog sent me some that might work yesterday. I'll figure out which one works and copy it and make up a few sets. It may be a few days because I'm putting a new transmission in this weekend.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you ever have a chance to check out the brackets to see if they fit?

I picked up a couple of sets last week at the pull-a-part. There where many more.

Shankem-Deep

I've been too busy swapping transmissions, changing GP's, GP card, fuel filter base, bleeding the air out, charging batteries, changing GP temp switch, swapping starters, etc.!!! But know I think I have the 09 squared away in the reliability department! I'm going to check to see which bracket will work. I think i'll have some time this weekend to do some more. I need to make a trip up to the pull-a-part and snoop around!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks