• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M series cup holder

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
we all know driving and tryin to have a soda or somthin in an army truck is a bit tricky unless your already up to speed and are not stoppin or turning anytime soon, its even worse if your offroad. i got tired of spillin my drinks and on the floor so i made this nifty cupholder. its just some flatstock and round tube. the tube is actually leftovers from some deuce driveshafts i had here at the house. its high and out of the way but still below your windsheild line. the open bottom keeps it from gettin all scummy like in a normal car. it holds water bottles and soda cans and prolly coffe cups from the convenience store. 20 oz sodas are too big for it though. the paint is just some of the krylon camo system you can get at walmart :D

Attachments

goldneagle

Those are nice "cup holders", but what are they really for? gun mounts? That's a lot of welding for 2 cups weighing only a pound or so each...

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
Re: RE: M series cup holder

goldneagle said:
Those are nice "cup holders", but what are they really for? gun mounts? That's a lot of welding for 2 cups weighing only a pound or so each...
PINEAPPLE GRENADES :twisted:
i wanted to make it just like the military would. so i went over kill :lol: i didnt want them to be banging around and what not. a noise like that would drive me nuts and i would end up ripping them off and chukin out the window. besides, my job paid for everything but the driveshaft tubes and paint since i did it on the clock with their matrieal and equipment :D

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: M series cup holder

SWEET! Can I copy your idea, but make it big enough to hole a coffee cup in the AM and a .....s o d a.....in the afternoon?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: Re: RE: M series cup holder

Might have to try that one. I have been using a roll of duct-tape. It sticks to the floor board so it won't move around on you and is there in case of trouble. :)

bugs

i have tried them all and now back to the 89 cent plastic ones from wall mart with the hook . fits the dash well. funny thing, i cant keep from spilling the coffee while driving no matter what and im on all suburban roads :D :D :D

jason@snakeriver

I had the same problem with our farm tractors. All cup holders were way too big, a 3" piece of scedule 40 black plastic pipe works well for 20 oz bottles and 12 oz cans. Tom

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not to hijack the thread, but what's going on with all those holes underneath the cupholder on your dash? Looks like someone with a DeWalt got really ticked at the sheetmetal one day and just started drilling.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks