• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 drive shaft

Cucvnut

my drive shaft is bent i need a new one i cant find anyone around here who is parting out a 4x4 k30 with a 208 transfer case and a 14ff. the drive shaft shop wants 300 bucks to build me a new one

does anyone have one they could part with ill pay for shipping and for the drive shaft

Westech

CPL
look on ebay.. I found 3 of them that could work for under 125 shipped. You would want to install new joints for sure buy you still under 150 all said and done.

Cucvnut

they did not say if it was to re tube or not. i found one on ebay like west tech said never thought to buy it from there lol thanks dude

1stDeuce

look on ebay.. I found 3 of them that could work for under 125 shipped. You would want to install new joints for sure buy you still under 150 all said and done.

I just looked 'cause I need one too... You must be a better ebay searcher than me... I found NONE that would work for a 1008... BTW, I don't think CIVY 1-tons came with a 208 in the mid-80's... The parts store lists only a 205 for 1-ton, but I tell them it's a 3/4 ton and there it is...

I had planned to just have the tube remade by a local shop... The slip yoke on mine is fine... I don't think it's worth trying to re-use the welded on yokes, they're not that expensive at $20 each.

I also considered finding some slightly larger dia tube, cutting mine about 6" from each end, sliding the larger tube over the current, and welding it up. Might not be perfectly balanced, but might be fine too... Just can't find the slightly larger tube. :(

Westech

CPL
I get A LOT of parts and things off ebay. Yes it takes some time to find stuff but over 230 buys and only lost 60 bucks. (That was before paypal was around)

acmunro

On a side note. In a pinch you can use a 1/2 ton Early to Mid 80's Chevy truck drive shaft. The 700r4 was very close to the same length as the TH 400 and they had the NP208. Just use a combination u-joint at the rear position. Not as strong but will work.

cucvrus

May be an image of outdoors and text that says 'NEW HOLLAND 69'

He did retire he is living on a farm in up state New York and does custom car restoration. He completed this car a few years back.
May be an image of 1 person, standing and outdoors

The hay baler was used for parts to do the restoration. Good Luck. And I do have an M1008 drive shaft I would sell. It is in excellent condition but is missing the cap on the center of the front yoke. Shipping on a long item can get pricey. Contact me via PM if interested. I will make you a great deal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks