• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 shocks?

ehuppert

Piecing together the Cucv slowly and now looking at shocks. Truck is stock height. Truck is a work truck, more firewood and plowing than anything else (Well at least when it's put back together!)

Previously had Pro comps of some flavor. seemed to be okay, hard to tell as these are sprung so heavy anyway. In the past have also used the Monroe gas magnums which were also okay. these were pretty much a stock replacement. A lot of the "red" colored shocks are inexpensive, but not so certain they're any better besides being pretty.

Has anyone used the KYB Monomax?. Seem to be about the same price as the Magnums...

cucvrus

I would say you would be good to go. On an old iron like this a set new shocks is all you need. I put stock inexpensive shocks on every CUCV I have owned. I have sprung for the gas magnums on a few. I have 4 Monroe gas magnums I picked up from a kid that was in the process of destroying my M1028 with a lift kit, They were about 3 years old and had about 20K miles on them. Good enough for my current ride. I am driving a 1987 M1028 just for now. Hoping for a ride change in a week or 2. My new truck has been officially built 01/02/209 at GM Fort Wayne assembly and is in transit my way. Oh Joy. Have a Great Day. Keep up the good work on your current build. I know how project stall works.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks