• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 cost ?

Saberr

Ive been looking at getting an m1009, and have located one that was a city truck and they even added a/c woohoooo. Its very clean, and in good condition. In my research of the 6.2 though, people have said the the k5/blazers have started to be expensive to repair becouse of the lack of parts for bodies and running gear. Is this true ? Thought becouse it was 80's and mostly civy k5, that parts would be everywhere and cheap, also the 6.2 though not sought after, was in alot stuff so i thought that parts would be readly available. know diesel parts are more expensive. Is this just odd oppinion, or is age catching up and part prices getting expensive and harder to find ?

richingalveston

Most parts are available. They are not any more expensive than parts for new cars. Look at LMC.com and you will see the parts are still being made, some times they do not fit as well. Most of the parts can be purchased at your local auto store.
Some of the military items can be hard to find.
The 6.2 is a good engine just not a lot of power. but very reliable if not overheated or overworked.
IF you found a clean truck these days then you have done good. Clean ones for sale are what is getting hard to find.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks