• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Driver's Seat

zachattack1287

I have a 1984 M1009. Runs great and I enjoy driving it except for one issue. I hardly have any room. I'm a bigger guy about 6'6 and 300+ lbs and when in the driver's seat I hardly have any room. I know the easy thing to say is well lose weight...working on it. However, I did not know if anyone has replaced their seats with aftermarket seats or seats from another truck. If so what years match up well and which years don't. There is a pretty decent junkyard nearby so I can most likely find a seat just wanted some ideas or opinions if anyone else has ran into this problem.

richingalveston

I put the bucket seats from an 87 suburban in my 1009, arm rest on both sides and the base is about 3 inches wider at the back so you do not feel the metal in the corners like the 1009 seats, they dont flip up real easy, they have a dial on the side that you turn to lean them forward and back, they will lay all the way back until the seat is flat, They mounted on the 1009 base really easy and could be mounted a little further back if you wanted to give you more leg room. they have a steel plate on the bottom so mounting is easy. they will soon be recovered with leather.

Attachments

DXTAC

HERE are my seats (post #94). They are out of a Pontiac Vibe. Don't know the year. The only difference between the photo and now is that I've finished the welding on them. Changing out the seats makes a WORLD of difference. Other than another Chevy/GMC of the same style, I don't know if anything will match up perfectly.

Cheers

:beer:

bshupe

@ BikerBill. If your 1010 seats are any good would you be willing to go to the trouble of shipping one my way either by carrier or by the express? Im in Washington state so not too far but far enough.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks