• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 fuel leak on ip

6x6junkie

hey guys have a m1009 fuel leak on the shaft that the throttle linkage hooks to on top of ip pump does that shaft pull out of there and easy fix ?? thankx

6x6junkie

its the shaft that controls the fuel if this helps and an electronic device on one end and the other has the steel braket fro fuel control thanks

TGP (IL)

its the shaft that controls the fuel if this helps and an electronic device on one end and the other has the steel braket fro fuel control thanks
Sorry, but that shaft does not just pull without disassembly of the pump.
It's time to remove and send off for a rebuild.
The input shaft seal will be next if not already leaking and diluting the engine oil when it does.
The new ULSD fuel play's a direct role in this problem as well as age.
The new rebuild will have better sealing material to handle ULSD..
That 's why Gov. or NOS pumps are not really a great bargain unless it's almost free.
It still has the out date seal material.
Just my Opinion.
TGP

Last edited:

Matt65

Mine leaks as well, and continues to run great with good mpg. Some say leave it alone until starting or running gets worse. This is my plan as well.

6x6junkie

yea i whould love to just leave it but it losses prime .when i try to start it it dont get fuel ok when it warms up ill try the ulsd compatable duck tape

Wolf.Dose

If the throttle shaft leaks, there are only 2 possibilities: O-Ring worn out or bearing sat worn out. If little leak, continue. Later the replacement of the IP is mandantory. Look for a good replacement allready. Now you have left some time to get a good IP. The old housing probabely is scrap sooner or later.
Wolf

mutt1966

It mite not be losing prime next time you park it open up the fuel cap a couple of turns if it starts better the next time it could be the fuel filter leaking or the check ball on top of the injection pump needs cleaning. Scott out

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks